The Los Angeles Clippers (26-16) host the Charlotte Hornets (20-20) in a matchup of Pacific Division teams at Staples Center, tipping off at 10:00 PM ET on Saturday, March 20, 2021. The Hornets are 9.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under set at 231 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of March 20, 2021, 4:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Clippers vs Hornets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 20
Serge Ibaka: Day To Day (Back),
Patrick Beverley: Out (Knee)
Cody Zeller: Out (Shoulder)
|Spread Pick||Hornets (+9.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (231)|
|Prediction||Clippers 117, Hornets 108|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (8.9 points) is slightly less than the 9.5-point edge FanDuel gives to the Clippers, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The model projects a total 6.2 points lower than the one set by FanDuel for this matchup.
Clippers Key Players
Hornets Key Players
- The Clippers are shooting 48.2% from the field this season, 0.9 percentage points higher than the 47.3% the Hornets allow to opponents.
- In games Los Angeles shoots higher than 47.3% from the field, it is 19-7 against the spread and 22-4 overall.
- Charlotte has a 14-5 record against the spread and a 14-6 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 48.2% of their shots from the field.
- The Hornets have shot at a 46.4% clip from the field this season, 0.8 percentage points fewer than the 47.2% shooting opponents of the Clippers have averaged.
- Charlotte has put together a 15-6 record against the spread and a 14-7 straight up record in games it shoots above 47.2% from the field.
- This season, Los Angeles has a 12-8 record against the spread and a 14-6 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 46.4% from the field.
- The Clippers are making 41.5% of their three-point shots this season, 4.5% higher than the 37% the Hornets allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Los Angeles has a 17-11 record against the spread and a 20-8 record overall when the team connects on more than 37% of its three-point shots.
- Charlotte is 17-10-1 against the spread while putting up an 18-11 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 41.5% from three-point distance.
- The Hornets’ three-point shooting percentage this season (38.4%) is only two percentage points higher than opponents of the Clippers are averaging (36.4%).
- Charlotte has a 16-7-1 ATS record and is 15-10 straight-up when the team makes more than 36.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles has a 17-9 ATS record and a 20-6 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 38.4% of its three-point shots.
- The Clippers’ 14.4 made three-pointers per game this season are just 0.5 more made shots on average than the 13.9 per game the Hornets allow.
- Los Angeles is 19-10 against the spread and 22-7 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Charlotte is 7-13 ATS and 6-14 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
- The Clippers are the sixth-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Hornets allow the 29th-fewest makes from deep.
Clippers vs Hornets Stat Rankings
|Clippers Rank||Clippers AVG||Hornets AVG||Hornets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from