The San Antonio Spurs (21-16) visit the Cleveland Cavaliers (15-25) in a matchup of Southwest Division teams at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse, beginning at 7:30 PM ET on Friday, March 19, 2021. The Spurs are 4.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has a point total of 210.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 19, 2021, 12:05 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Spurs vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 19
DeMar DeRozan: Out (Personal),
Keita Bates-Diop: Out (Hamstring),
LaMarcus Aldridge: Out (Not With Team)
Andre Drummond: Out (Not with team),
Taurean Prince: Out (Shoulder),
Kevin Love: Out (Calf),
Matthew Dellavedova: Out (Appendicitis)
|Spread Pick||Cavaliers (+4.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (210.5)|
|Prediction||Spurs 111, Cavaliers 107|
The model line and the DraftKings line are within 0.2 points of each other.
The model projects a total (217.8 points) much higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup (210.5 points). Take the over.
Spurs Key Players
Spurs Player Props
- Jakob Poeltl’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 21.5, 4.9 higher than his season average of 16.6.
- Patty Mills’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots less than his season average of 2.7.
- Poeltl’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 1.0 block higher than his season average of 1.5.
Cavaliers Key Players
Cavaliers Player Props
- Collin Sexton’s PRA prop total for the matchup is set at 30.5, 0.2 lower than his season average of 30.7.
- Darius Garland’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 20.5, 3.6 lower than his season average of 24.1.
- Cedi Osman’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 shots lower than his season average of 1.9.
- Larry Nance Jr.’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals lower than his season average of 1.8.
- The Spurs make 45.7% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.3 percentage points lower than the Cavaliers have allowed to their opponents (48%).
- San Antonio has a 9-0 record against the spread and a 9-0 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 48% from the field.
- Cleveland is 11-6 against the spread and 12-5 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 45.7% from the field.
- The Cavaliers are shooting 45.2% from the field, 1.4% lower than the 46.6% the Spurs’ opponents have shot this season.
- Cleveland has compiled an 11-3 record against the spread and a 10-4 straight up record in games it shoots over 46.6% from the field.
- This season, San Antonio has a 14-3 record against the spread and a 12-5 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 45.2% from the field.
- The Spurs are knocking down 36.1% of their three-point shots this season, three% lower than the 39.1% the Cavaliers allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- San Antonio is 9-5-1 against the spread and 10-5 overall when it shoots better than 39.1% from distance.
- Cleveland is 12-5 against the spread while putting together an 11-6 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 36.1% from beyond the arc.
- The Cavaliers are hitting 34% of their shots from three-point distance, which is 3.7 percentage points fewer than the 37.7% the Spurs’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Cleveland is 11-4 against the spread and 9-6 overall when shooting above 37.7% as a team from three-point range.
- San Antonio has an 11-2 ATS record and a 10-3 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34% from three-point distance.
- The Spurs make 10.8 three-pointers per game this season, 1.4 more makes per game than the Cavaliers give up (9.4).
- When San Antonio makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 10-0 against the spread and 9-1 overall. When Cleveland is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 7-20 ATS and 7-20 straight up.
- The Spurs are the 25th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Cavaliers give up the 14th-fewest makes from deep.
Spurs vs Cavaliers Stat Rankings
|Spurs Rank||Spurs AVG||Cavaliers AVG||Cavaliers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from