The Brooklyn Nets (28-13) visit the Orlando Magic (13-27) as heavy, 10.5-point favorites after James Harden put up 40 points in the Nets’ 124-115 victory over the Pacers. The game airs on FS-FL at 8:00 PM ET on Friday, March 19, 2021. The matchup’s over/under is 224.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of March 19, 2021, 12:05 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Magic Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 19
Kevin Durant: Out (Hamstring),
Blake Griffin: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL),
Kyrie Irving: Day To Day (Groin)
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
James Ennis III: Day To Day (Calf),
Cole Anthony: Out (Rib),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee),
Terrence Ross: Day To Day (Knee),
Michael Carter-Williams: Day To Day (Illness)
|Spread Pick||Magic (+10.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (224)|
|Prediction||Nets 117, Magic 108|
The spread for this game suggested by the model (8.9 points) is a little tighter than the 10.5-point edge FanDuel gives to the Nets, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The model projects a total 1.7 points higher than the one set by FanDuel for this matchup.
Nets Key Players
Nets Player Props
- Harden’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 44.5, 0.4 less than his season average of 44.9.
- Joe Harris’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.9 shots less than his season average of 3.4.
- Nicolas Claxton’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.1 blocks lower than his season average of 1.6.
Magic Key Players
Magic Player Props
- Nikola Vucevic’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is posted at 18.5 rebounds, 6.8 rebounds higher than his season average of 11.7.
- Vucevic’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.8 shots greater than his season average of 2.7.
- Terrence Ross’ steals prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.6 steals lower than his season average of 1.1.
- The Nets make 50.1% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.3 percentage points higher than the Magic have allowed to their opponents (46.8%).
- In games Brooklyn shoots better than 46.8% from the field, it is 18-13 against the spread and 24-7 overall.
- Orlando’s record is 15-15 against the spread and 11-19 overall when its opponents make more than 50.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Magic’s 43% shooting percentage from the field this season is 3.5 percentage points lower than the Nets have allowed to their opponents (46.5%).
- This season, Orlando has a 9-0 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 46.5% from the field.
- Brooklyn is 7-4 against the spread and 9-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot over 43% from the field.
- The Nets’ 40.3% three-point shooting percentage this season is 3.5 percentage points higher than opponents of the Magic have shot from beyond the arc (36.8%).
- Brooklyn has an 18-8 record against the spread and a 22-4 record overall when the team connects on more than 36.8% of its three-point shots.
- Orlando is 16-11 against the spread while putting up an 11-16 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 40.3% from three-point distance.
- The Magic are knocking down 35.3% of their shots from three-point distance, which is only 0.8 percentage points fewer than the 36.1% the Nets’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Orlando is 11-7 against the spread and 7-11 overall when shooting above 36.1% as a team from three-point range.
- Brooklyn has an 11-7 ATS record and a 14-4 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 35.3% of its three-point attempts.
- The Nets’ 15 made three-pointers per game this season is 3.2 more made shots on average than the 11.8 per game the Magic give up.
- Brooklyn is 15-11 against the spread and 18-8 overall when it connects on more three-pointers than its opponents, while Orlando is 8-16 ATS and 5-19 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
- The Magic rank 22nd in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Nets allow the 16th-fewest made threes in the league.
Nets vs Magic Stat Rankings
|Nets Rank||Nets AVG||Magic AVG||Magic Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from