The UCLA Bruins (17-9) visit the No. 23 BYU Cougars (20-6) as underdogs after Jaime Jaquez Jr. put up 27 points in the Bruins 86-80 victory over Michigan State. The game airs on CBS at 9:40 PM ET on Saturday, March 20, 2021. The over/under in the matchup is .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 19, 2021, 2:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Pick ATS: BYU Cougars (-3.5)
The DraftKings line for this game has the Cougars favored by 3.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (6.4 points).
Pick OU: Over (139)
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 5.3 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: BYU 75, UCLA 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Cougars this season is 77.4 points, 6.4 more points than their implied total of 71 points in Saturday’s game.
- BYU has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (71) 19 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Bruins (71.6) is 3.6 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (68).
- UCLA has scored more than 68 points in 19 games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
BYU and UCLA Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Cougars make 48.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is 4.3 percentage points higher than the Bruins have allowed to their opponents (43.9%).
- BYU is 11-6-2 against the spread and 16-5 overall when it shoots better than 43.9% from the field.
- UCLA is 12-10 against the spread and 16-7 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot better than 48.2% from the field.
- The Bruins have shot at a 46.1% rate from the field this season, 5.2 percentage points above the 40.9% shooting opponents of the Cougars have averaged.
- UCLA is 17-6 overall and 12-10 against the spread when it shoots higher than 40.9% from the field.
- When opponents of BYU shoot over 46.1% from the field, it is 12-4-1 against the spread and 19-1 overall.
- The Cougars shoot 37.8% from deep, 2.7% higher than the 35.1% the Bruins allow to opponents.
- BYU has assembled a 10-3-1 record against the spread and a 14-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 35.1% of its three-point shots.
- UCLA is 10-5 against the spread and 11-5 overall when its opponents hit more than 37.8% of their shots from deep.
- The Bruins three-point shooting percentage this season (37.3%) is 4.6 percentage points higher than opponents of the Cougars are averaging (32.7%).
- UCLA is 8-9 ATS and 13-5 overall when hitting more than 32.7% of its three-point attempts.
- BYU has a 9-4-3 ATS record and a 15-3 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 37.3% from distance.
- The Cougars make 9 three-pointers per game this season, 2.3 more made shots on average than the 6.7 per game the Bruins give up.
- BYU is 8-5-2 against the spread and 14-4 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while UCLA is 5-10 ATS and 9-6 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from