A game after he put up 42 points in a 123-119 win over the Suns, Anthony Edwards leads the Minnesota Timberwolves (10-31) on the road against the Phoenix Suns (26-13) as 10.5-point underdogs. The matchup, which airs on FS-N, tips off at 10:00 PM ET on Friday, March 19, 2021. The point total is set at 231 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of March 19, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Suns vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 19
Cameron Johnson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Jordan McLaughlin: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Jarrett Culver: Out (Toe),
D’Angelo Russell: Out (Leg)
|Spread Pick||Suns (-10.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (231)|
|Prediction||Suns 121, Timberwolves 103|
The Suns are the bet in this contest. They’re favored by 6.9 more points in the model than FanDuel (17.4 to 10.5).
In this game, the model projects a total (224.2 points) slightly lower than the FanDuel over/under (231 points).
Suns Key Players
Suns Player Props
- Deandre Ayton’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks higher than his season average of 1.1.
Timberwolves Key Players
- The Suns make 49% of their shots from the field this season, which is one percentage point higher than the Timberwolves have allowed to their opponents (48%).
- Phoenix has a 20-5 record against the spread and a 20-5 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 48% from the field.
- Minnesota has a 14-9 record against the spread and a 9-14 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 49% of their shots from the field.
- The Timberwolves have shot at a 44.4% rate from the field this season, 1.6 percentage points below the 46% shooting opponents of the Suns have averaged.
- Minnesota is 8-3-1 against the spread and 4-8 overall when it shoots better than 46% from the field.
- When Phoenix’s opponents shoot above 44.4% from the field, it is 13-2 against the spread and 13-2 overall.
- The Suns’ 38.4% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Timberwolves have shot from deep (37.6%).
- Phoenix has a 16-5 record against the spread and a 16-5 record overall when the team makes more than 37.6% of its three-point shots.
- Minnesota is 15-6-1 against the spread while putting together a 9-13 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 38.4% from downtown.
- The Timberwolves’ three-point shooting percentage this season (34.9%) is -0.3 percentage points lower than opponents of the Suns are averaging (34.6%).
- Minnesota is 13-8 against the spread and 7-14 overall when shooting over 34.6% as a team from three-point range.
- Phoenix is 15-4 ATS and 15-4 overall in games it shoots above 34.9% from deep.
- The Suns’ 13.3 made three-pointers per game this season are just 0.7 more made shots on average than the 12.6 per game the Timberwolves give up.
- When Phoenix makes more threes than its opponents, it is 18-7 against the spread and 18-7 overall. When Minnesota is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 3-13 ATS and 2-14 straight up.
- The Timberwolves rank 17th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Suns give up the second-fewest made threes in the league.
Suns vs Timberwolves Stat Rankings
|Suns Rank||Suns AVG||Timberwolves AVG||Timberwolves Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from