Both the Washington Capitals and Columbus Blue Jackets are coming off a defeat, heading into their meeting at Nationwide Arena on Tuesday at 7:00 PM ET. The oddsmakers have made the Capitals heavy favorites at -216 on the moneyline, despite being the visitors, and the Blue Jackets are at +177.
The betting facts in this article are based off odds valid as of January 31, 2023 at 5:31 PM ET. Check out the article below for the most up-to-date lines for this outing and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Capitals Vs Blue Jackets Betting Odds
- Moneyline: WAS: (-216) | CBJ: (+177)
- Puck line: WAS: -1.5 (116) | CBJ: +1.5 (-139)
- Total: 6 — Over: (-125) | Under: (+103)
Injury Report as of January 31
Capitals: Tom Wilson: Out (Lower Body), Connor Brown: Out (Knee), John Carlson: Out (Face), Carl Hagelin: Out (Hip), Nic Dowd: Out (Lower Body)
Blue Jackets: Jakub Voracek: Out (Upper Body), Gustav Nyquist: Out (Upper Body), Zach Werenski: Out (Shoulder), Jake Bean: Out (Shoulder), Adam Boqvist: Questionable (Upper Body), Yegor Chinakhov: Out (Ankle), Carson Meyer: Out (Oblique), Justin Danforth: Out (Shoulder), Nick Blankenburg: Questionable (Upper Body)
|Total Pick||Over (6)|
|Spread Pick||Blue Jackets (+1.5)|
Ready to put your picks to the test? Sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and bet on this matchup today!
Capitals Vs Blue Jackets Team Stats
|Capitals Avg. (Rank)||Blue Jackets Avg. (Rank)|
|3.12 (16th)||Goals Scored||2.54 (29th)|
|2.83 (10th)||Goals Allowed||3.86 (30th)|
|31.8 (16th)||Shots||28.8 (28th)|
|30.0 (9th)||Shots Allowed||35.0 (31st)|
Capitals Key Players
How to Bet on Capitals vs Blue Jackets
Blue Jackets Key Players
- The Capitals have compiled a 15-8 record when listed as a moneyline favorite this season.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Capitals have an implied win probability of 68.4%.
- This season the Blue Jackets have won 13 of the 44 games, or 29.5%, in which they’ve been an underdog.
- The implied probability of a win by the Blue Jackets, based on the moneyline, is 36.1%.
- Washington and its opponent have gone over 6 combined goals in 26 of 52 games this season.
- Columbus and its opponent have combined to score over 6 goals in 31 of 50 games this season.
Looking to build a lineup of players from the Capitals and Blue Jackets to try to win cash prizes? Sign up for DraftKings Daily Fantasy Sports and get an exclusive bonus using our link.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.