Luka Doncic leads the Dallas Mavericks (21-18) against the Portland Trail Blazers (24-16) after putting up 42 points in a 105-89 win over the Clippers. The Mavericks are 3-point favorites in the matchup on Friday, March 19, 2021, which starts at 10:00 PM ET on NBCS-NW. The matchup’s over/under is set at 234.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of March 18, 2021, 5:25 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 19
Tyrell Terry: Out (Personal),
Dorian Finney-Smith: Out (Personal),
James Johnson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Health Protocols)
Jusuf Nurkic: Out (Wrist),
Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Trail Blazers (+3)|
|Total Pick||Under (234)|
|Prediction||Trail Blazers 114, Mavericks 113|
While William Hill has the Mavericks winning by three, the model has the Trail Blazers taking home the victory, with a considerable margin between the two spreads (4.2 points). Take the Trail Blazers.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (226.7 points) much lower than the William Hill over/under (234 points). Bet on the under.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||38||16.3||3.2||1.6||0.6||0.2||2.9|
Mavericks Player Props
- Doncic’s assists prop total for the matchup is set at 8.5 assists, 0.8 assists less than his season average of 9.3.
- Kristaps Porzingis’ rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is set at 8.5 rebounds, 0.1 rebounds less than his season average of 8.6.
- Tim Hardaway Jr.’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.4 shots less than his season average of 2.9.
- Porzingis’ blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks lower than his season average of 1.6.
Trail Blazers Key Players
|Gary Trent Jr.||38||15.2||2.2||1.5||0.9||0.2||3.0|
- This season, the Mavericks have a 46.7% shooting percentage from the field, which is one% lower than the 47.7% of shots the Trail Blazers’ opponents have knocked down.
- Dallas is 10-8 against the spread and 13-5 overall when it shoots higher than 47.7% from the field.
- Portland is 11-5 against the spread and 11-5 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 46.7% from the field.
- The Trail Blazers are shooting 44.6% from the field, 1.5% lower than the 46.1% the Mavericks’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Portland has a 10-6 record against the spread and a 14-2 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 46.1% from the field.
- This season, Dallas has a 12-2 record against the spread and a 12-2 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 44.6% from the field.
- The Mavericks’ 35.6% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 1.6 percentage points lower than opponents of the Trail Blazers have shot from beyond the arc (37.2%).
- Dallas has assembled an 8-7 record against the spread and a 10-5 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 37.2% of its three-point shots.
- Portland has put up a 12-5 against the spread while going 12-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 35.6% from downtown.
- The Trail Blazers are knocking down 38.1% of their shots from deep, which is just 0.9 percentage points greater than the 37.2% the Mavericks’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Portland is 14-6 ATS and 16-4 overall when the team makes more than 37.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Dallas has a 13-6 ATS record and a 13-6 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 38.1% from three-point distance.
- The Mavericks connect on 13.4 three-pointers per game this season, 2.8 fewer makes per game than the Trail Blazers give up (16.2).
- Portland has gone 17-13 against the spread and 21-9 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Dallas makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 4-16 ATS and 5-15 straight up.
- The Trail Blazers are the second-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Mavericks allow the 24th-fewest makes from deep.
Mavericks vs Trail Blazers Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Trail Blazers AVG||Trail Blazers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from