The Texas Southern Tigers (16-8) will attempt to extend a 10-game win streak when they visit the No. 4 Michigan Wolverines (20-4) on Saturday, March 20, 2021 at Mackey Arena as big, underdogs. The matchup airs at 3:00 PM ET on CBS. The over/under is for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 19, 2021, 12:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Wolverines have an average implied point total of 76 this season, which is eight points lower than their implied total in Saturday’s game (84).
- So far this season, Michigan has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (84) seven times.
- The Tigers’ average implied point total on the season (73.3 points) is 15.3 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (58 points).
- Texas Southern has put up more than 58 points 24 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Michigan and Texas Southern Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 26.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Wolverines make 48.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is 8.7 percentage points higher than the Tigers have allowed to their opponents (39.8%).
- In games when Michigan shoots better than 39.8% from the field, it is 20-2 overall and 17-4 against the spread.
- Texas Southern’s record is 11-10-1 against the spread and 16-7 overall when its opponents make more than 48.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Tigers are shooting 45.5% from the field, 6.2% higher than the 39.3% the Wolverines’ opponents have shot this season.
- Texas Southern is 8-9-2 against the spread and 15-6 overall when it shoots higher than 39.3% from the field.
- When Michigan’s opponents hit better than 45.5% from the field, it is 14-4 against the spread and 17-2 overall.
- The Wolverines’ 38.8% three-point shooting percentage this season is 7.9 percentage points higher than opponents of the Tigers have shot from deep (30.9%).
- Michigan has collected a 15-3 record against the spread and a 17-2 straight-up record in games this season when connecting on more than 30.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Texas Southern has put together an 11-6 against the spread while going 13-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 38.8% from downtown.
- The Tigers are knocking down 28% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 5.5 percentage points fewer than the 33.5% the Wolverines’ are averaging on the season.
- Texas Southern is 4-5 straight-up and has a 2-5-1 ATS record when the team hits more than 33.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Michigan has a 6-2 ATS record and an 8-1 straight-up record this season when it knocks down more than 28% of its three-point attempts.
- The Wolverines’ 7.5 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.9 more made shots on average than the 4.6 per game the Tigers give up.
- Michigan is 10-2 against the spread and 11-2 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while Texas Southern is 6-7-1 ATS and 10-5 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from