The Phoenix Suns (26-12) square off against the Minnesota Timberwolves (9-31) as heavy, 10.5-point favorites on Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 10:00 PM ET on FS-N+. The matchup has an over/under of 228.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 18, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Suns vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 18
Abdel Nader: Day To Day (Knee),
Cameron Johnson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Jordan McLaughlin: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Jarrett Culver: Day To Day (Toe),
D’Angelo Russell: Out (Leg)
|Spread Pick||Suns (-10.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (228.5)|
|Prediction||Suns 121, Timberwolves 103|
The Suns are the bet in this matchup. They’re favored by 6.9 more points in the model than DraftKings (17.4 to 10.5).
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 4.3 points highter than the model projection.
Suns Key Players
Timberwolves Key Players
- The Suns make 48.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is one percentage point higher than the Timberwolves have allowed to their opponents (47.9%).
- Phoenix is 20-4 against the spread and 20-4 overall when it shoots better than 47.9% from the field.
- Minnesota is 12-9-2 against the spread and 9-14 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 48.9% from the field.
- The Timberwolves have shot at a 44.3% clip from the field this season, 1.6 percentage points less than the 45.9% shooting opponents of the Suns have averaged.
- Minnesota is 6-4-1 against the spread and 3-8 overall when it shoots higher than 45.9% from the field.
- When Phoenix’s opponents shoot above 44.3% from the field, it is 12-2-1 against the spread and 13-2 overall.
- The Suns are making 38.3% of their three-point shots this season, 0.8% higher than the 37.5% the Timberwolves allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Phoenix has put together a 17-4 record against the spread and a 17-4 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 37.5% of its three-point shots.
- Minnesota is 14-7-1 against the spread while putting up a 9-13 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 38.3% from downtown.
- The Timberwolves shoot 35% from beyond the arc this season. That’s -0.4 percentage points lower than the Suns have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (34.6%).
- Minnesota is 11-8-2 ATS and 7-14 overall when the team hits more than 34.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Phoenix has a 14-3-1 ATS record and a 15-3 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35% from three-point distance.
- The Suns make 13.3 three-pointers per game this season, only 0.7 more made shots on average than the 12.6 per game the Timberwolves allow.
- When Phoenix makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 18-6 against the spread and 18-6 overall. When Minnesota is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 2-13 ATS and 1-14 straight up.
- The Suns make the 11th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Timberwolves give up the fifth-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Suns vs Timberwolves Stat Rankings
|Suns Rank||Suns AVG||Timberwolves AVG||Timberwolves Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from