A game after he exploded for 50 points in a 125-124 win over the Pelicans, Damian Lillard leads the Portland Trail Blazers (23-16) at home against the New Orleans Pelicans (17-23) on Thursday, March 18, 2021. The Trail Blazers are favored by 1 point in the matchup, which airs at 10:00 PM ET on NBCS-NW. The matchup’s over/under is set at 241.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 18, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Trail Blazers vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 18
Harry Giles III: Day To Day (Calf),
Jusuf Nurkic: Out (Wrist),
Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
JJ Redick: Out (Heel)
|Spread Pick||Trail Blazers (-1)|
|Total Pick||Under (241.5)|
|Prediction||Trail Blazers 117, Pelicans 114|
The DraftKings line for this game has the Trail Blazers favored by one, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (3.3 points).
The model projects a total (230.9 points) much lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game (241.5 points). Take the under.
Trail Blazers Key Players
|Gary Trent Jr.||37||15.6||2.2||1.5||0.9||0.1||3.1|
Pelicans Key Players
- This season, the Trail Blazers have a 44.8% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.6% lower than the 47.4% of shots the Pelicans’ opponents have hit.
- Portland is 7-3 against the spread and 10-0 overall when it shoots higher than 47.4% from the field.
- New Orleans is 10-4 against the spread and 11-3 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 44.8% from the field.
- The Pelicans’ 48.7% shooting percentage from the field this season is 0.8 percentage points higher than the Trail Blazers have allowed to their opponents (47.9%).
- New Orleans has put together a 13-10 record against the spread and a 12-11 straight up record in games it shoots over 47.9% from the field.
- When Portland’s opponents shoot over 48.7% from the field, it is 13-7 against the spread and 14-6 overall.
- The Trail Blazers are hitting 38.3% of their three-point shots this season, 0.8% lower than the 39.1% the Pelicans allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Portland has collected a 14-4 record against the spread and a 16-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 39.1% of its three-point attempts.
- New Orleans has put up a 12-7 against the spread while going 14-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 38.3% from downtown.
- The Pelicans’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35.8%) is 1.7 percentage points lower than opponents of the Trail Blazers are averaging (37.5%).
- New Orleans is 12-5 against the spread and 12-5 overall when shooting over 37.5% as a team from three-point range.
- Portland has a 12-5 ATS record and a 12-5 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35.8% from three-point distance.
- The Trail Blazers’ 16.2 made three-pointers per game this season is 5.2 more made shots on average than the 11 per game the Pelicans allow.
- When Portland makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 16-13 against the spread and 20-9 overall. When New Orleans is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 10-20 ATS and 10-21 straight up.
- The Trail Blazers are the second-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Pelicans allow the most makes from deep.
Trail Blazers vs Pelicans Stat Rankings
|Trail Blazers Rank||Trail Blazers AVG||Pelicans AVG||Pelicans Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from