The Los Angeles Lakers (27-13) are 8-point favorites as they try to build on a three-game winning streak when they host the Charlotte Hornets (20-19) on Thursday, March 18, 2021 at Staples Center. The contest airs at 10:30 PM ET on NBA TV. The over/under is 227.5 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 18, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Hornets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 18
Marc Gasol: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Anthony Davis: Out (Achilles),
Markieff Morris: Day To Day (Knee),
Jared Dudley: Out (Knee),
Alex Caruso: Out (Concussion),
LeBron James: Day To Day (Ankle),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
|Spread Pick||Hornets (+8)|
|Total Pick||Under (227.5)|
|Prediction||Lakers 115, Hornets 107|
The model and DraftKings both have the Lakers taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (7.4 points). Lean towards taking the Hornets.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (222.0 points) a little lower than the DraftKings over/under (227.5 points).
Lakers Key Players
Hornets Key Players
- The Lakers make 48.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.3 percentage points higher than the Hornets have allowed to their opponents (47.3%).
- Los Angeles is 13-8 against the spread and 15-6 overall when it shoots better than 47.3% from the field.
- Charlotte’s record is 15-6 against the spread and 15-7 overall when its opponents make more than 48.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Hornets have shot at a 46.3% clip from the field this season, 0.9 percentage points greater than the 45.4% shooting opponents of the Lakers have averaged.
- This season, Charlotte has a 16-8 record against the spread and a 15-9 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 45.4% from the field.
- This season, Los Angeles has a 13-6 record against the spread and a 16-3 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 46.3% from the field.
- The Lakers are knocking down 35.5% of their three-point shots this season, 1.6% lower than the 37.1% the Hornets allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Los Angeles has collected an 11-4 record against the spread and a 13-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 37.1% of its three-point shots.
- Charlotte has put up a 10-6 against the spread while going 12-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 35.5% from deep.
- The Hornets’ three-point shooting percentage this season (38.4%) is just 3.1 percentage points higher than opponents of the Lakers are averaging (35.3%).
- Charlotte has an 18-8 ATS record and is 17-10 straight-up when the team makes more than 35.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles is 15-11 ATS and 20-6 overall in games it shoots above 38.4% from deep.
- The Lakers connect on 10.8 three-pointers per game this season, 3.1 fewer makes per game than the Hornets give up (13.9).
- When Charlotte makes more threes than its opponents, it is 13-6 against the spread and 14-6 overall. When Los Angeles is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 8-13 ATS and 11-10 straight up.
- The Hornets are the seventh-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Lakers allow the fourth-fewest makes from deep.
Lakers vs Hornets Stat Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers AVG||Hornets AVG||Hornets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from