A pair of sliding teams hit the court when the Toronto Raptors (17-22) visit the Detroit Pistons (10-29) on Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Raptors are 3.5-point favorites as they look to break a five-game losing streak against the Pistons, losers of four straight. The matchup’s point total is 215.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 17, 2021, 12:05 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Raptors vs Pistons Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 17
Fred VanVleet: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
OG Anunoby: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Pascal Siakam: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Malachi Flynn: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Patrick McCaw: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
Jahlil Okafor: Out (Knee),
Dennis Smith Jr.: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Rodney McGruder: Day To Day (Elbow),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip),
Hamidou Diallo: Out (Groin),
Wayne Ellington: Day To Day (Groin)
|Spread Pick||Pistons (+3.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (215.5)|
|Prediction||Raptors 111, Pistons 110|
The model favors the Raptors by 0.9 points, just 2.6 fewer than the 3.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
In this game, the model projects a total (221.5 points) marginally higher than the DraftKings over/under (215.5 points).
Raptors Key Players
Raptors Player Props
- Pascal Siakam’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 30.5, 1.8 less than his season average of 32.3.
- Kyle Lowry’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 29.5, 1.3 less than his season average of 30.8.
- Chris Boucher’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.6 blocks higher than his season average of 1.9.
Pistons Key Players
Pistons Player Props
- Jerami Grant’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 25.5, 5.9 lower than his season average of 31.4.
- Delon Wright’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 19.5, 0.5 less than his season average of 20.0.
- Isaiah Stewart’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks higher than his season average of 1.1.
- The Raptors make 44.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.2 percentage points lower than the Pistons have allowed to their opponents (48.1%).
- In games Toronto shoots better than 48.1% from the field, it is 10-4 against the spread and 9-5 overall.
- Detroit has a 5-7 record against the spread and a 5-8 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 44.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Pistons are shooting 44.2% from the field, 1.6% lower than the 45.8% the Raptors’ opponents have shot this season.
- Detroit has put together a 10-3 record against the spread and a 7-7 straight up record in games it shoots above 45.8% from the field.
- Toronto is 11-6 against the spread and 11-6 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot over 44.2% from the field.
- The Raptors are knocking down 38% of their three-point shots this season, 0.7% higher than the 37.3% the Pistons allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Toronto is 13-7 against the spread and 12-8 overall when it shoots better than 37.3% from distance.
- Detroit is 9-10 against the spread and 7-14 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 38% from deep.
- The Pistons are knocking down 34.8% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 2.7 percentage points fewer than the 37.5% the Raptors’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Detroit is 10-4 against the spread and 6-9 overall when shooting above 37.5% as a team from three-point range.
- Toronto has an 11-3 ATS record and a 10-4 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34.8% from three-point range.
- The Raptors make 15.4 three-pointers per game this season, 2.9 more made shots on average than the 12.5 per game the Pistons give up.
- Toronto is 15-7 against the spread and 14-8 overall when it hit more threes than its opponents, while Detroit is 4-9-1 ATS and 2-12 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Raptors rank third in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Pistons give up the eighth-fewest made threes in the league.
Raptors vs Pistons Stat Rankings
|Raptors Rank||Raptors AVG||Pistons AVG||Pistons Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from