The Cleveland Cavaliers (14-25) are underdogs (+8.5) as they try to end a four-game losing streak when they host the Boston Celtics (20-18) at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse. The contest airs on FS-OH. The over/under in the matchup is set at 214.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 17, 2021, 12:05 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 17
Romeo Langford: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Tristan Thompson: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
Andre Drummond: Out (Not with team),
Taurean Prince: Day To Day (Shoulder),
Kevin Love: Day To Day (Calf),
Matthew Dellavedova: Out (Appendicitis)
|Spread Pick||Cavaliers (+8.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (214)|
|Prediction||Celtics 113, Cavaliers 106|
The model favors the Celtics by 6.7 points, just 1.8 less than the 8.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
The model predicts a total 5.4 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Jayson Tatum’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 35.5, 1.0 lower than his season average of 36.5.
- Marcus Smart’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 20.5, 0.2 lower than his season average of 20.7.
- Kemba Walker’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Smart’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
Cavaliers Key Players
Cavaliers Player Props
- Collin Sexton’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 29.5, 0.8 less than his season average of 30.3.
- Darius Garland’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 20.5, 3.2 less than his season average of 23.7.
- Cedi Osman’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 shots lower than his season average of 1.9.
- Jarrett Allen’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks lower than his season average of 1.7.
- The Celtics make 47.1% of their shots from the field this season, which is one percentage point lower than the Cavaliers have allowed to their opponents (48.1%).
- In games Boston shoots better than 48.1% from the field, it is 12-4 against the spread and 13-3 overall.
- Cleveland has a 10-7 record against the spread and an 11-6 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 47.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Cavaliers’ 45% shooting percentage from the field this season is 1.7 percentage points lower than the Celtics have given up to their opponents (46.7%).
- Cleveland is 10-3 against the spread and 9-4 overall when it shoots higher than 46.7% from the field.
- When Boston’s opponents shoot higher than 45% from the field, it is 9-3 against the spread and 8-4 overall.
- The Celtics shoot 37.6% from three-point range, 1.9% lower than the 39.5% the Cavaliers allow to opponents.
- Boston has a 13-4 record against the spread and a 15-2 record overall when the team makes more than 39.5% of its three-point shots.
- Cleveland is 13-8 against the spread while putting up a 12-9 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 37.6% from downtown.
- The Cavaliers are hitting 33.8% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 2.7 percentage points fewer than the 36.5% the Celtics’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Cleveland has a 10-4 ATS record and is 8-6 straight-up when the team hits more than 36.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Boston has a 9-9 ATS record and a 9-9 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33.8% from three-point distance.
- The Celtics connect on 12.4 three-pointers per game this season, three more made shots on average than the 9.4 per game the Cavaliers give up.
- Boston has gone 11-7 against the spread and 12-6 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Cleveland hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 7-20 ATS and 7-20 straight up.
- The Celtics rank 19th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Cavaliers allow the 15th-fewest made threes in the league.
Celtics vs Cavaliers Stat Rankings
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Cavaliers AVG||Cavaliers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from