Nikola Jokic leads the Denver Nuggets (23-16) into a matchup with the Charlotte Hornets (20-18) after putting up 32 points in a 121-106 win over the Pacers. The Hornets are 6.5-point underdogs in the game on Wednesday, March 17, 2021, which tips off at 9:00 PM ET on ALT. The point total is 231 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 17, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nuggets vs Hornets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 17
Gary Harris: Day To Day (Adductor),
R.J. Hampton: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Monte Morris: Day To Day (Quad)
|Spread Pick||Nuggets (-6.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (231)|
|Prediction||Nuggets 117, Hornets 109|
The model projects the Nuggets to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by a small margin more (8.1 to 6.5).
In this matchup, the model projects a total (225.6 points) slightly lower than the DraftKings over/under (231 points).
Nuggets Key Players
|Michael Porter Jr.||29||15.3||7.2||0.8||0.8||1.0||2.3|
Hornets Key Players
- The Nuggets make 48.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.5 percentage points higher than the Hornets have allowed to their opponents (47%).
- Denver has a 12-8 record against the spread and a 14-6 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 47% from the field.
- Charlotte’s record is 15-6 against the spread and 15-7 overall when its opponents make more than 48.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Hornets’ 46.4% shooting percentage from the field this season is the same as the Nuggets have allowed to their opponents.
- Charlotte is 16-5 against the spread and 15-6 overall when it shoots higher than 46.8% from the field.
- When Denver’s opponents shoot greater than 46.4% from the field, it is 13-5 against the spread and 17-1 overall.
- The Nuggets shoot 38.9% from beyond the arc, 1.8% higher than the 37.1% the Hornets allow to opponents.
- Denver is 12-12 against the spread and 13-11 overall when it shoots better than 37.1% from distance.
- Charlotte is 12-7 against the spread and 14-6 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 38.9% from deep.
- The Hornets are hitting 38.6% of their shots from deep, which is only 2.6 percentage points greater than the 36% the Nuggets’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Charlotte is 18-7 against the spread and 17-9 overall when shooting above 36% as a team from three-point range.
- Denver has a 14-10 ATS record and an 18-6 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 38.6% of its three-point attempts.
- The Nuggets’ 13.4 made three-pointers per game this season are only 0.6 fewer made shots on average than the 14 per game the Hornets allow.
- When Charlotte makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 13-6 against the spread and 14-6 overall. When Denver is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 7-12 ATS and 9-10 straight up.
- The Nuggets make the ninth-most three-pointers in the league, while the Hornets give up the 29th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Nuggets vs Hornets Stat Rankings
|Nuggets Rank||Nuggets AVG||Hornets AVG||Hornets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from