The Los Angeles Clippers (26-15) take on the Dallas Mavericks (20-18) as just 2.5-point favorites on Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 9:30 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has a point total of 227.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of March 16, 2021, 3:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Clippers vs Mavericks Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 17
Serge Ibaka: Day To Day (Back),
Patrick Beverley: Out (Knee)
James Johnson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Dwight Powell: Day To Day (Illness)
|Spread Pick||Mavericks (+2.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (227)|
|Prediction||Clippers 113, Mavericks 111|
The model favors the Clippers by 1.3 points, just 1.2 fewer than the 2.5-point spread set by William Hill.
The William Hill point total for this matchup is just 2.9 points highter than the model projection.
Clippers Key Players
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||37||16.3||3.2||1.6||0.6||0.2||2.9|
- The Clippers make 48.3% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.1 percentage points higher than the Mavericks have allowed to their opponents (46.2%).
- Los Angeles has a 19-8 record against the spread and a 22-5 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 46.2% from the field.
- Dallas has a 15-10 record against the spread and a 16-9 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 48.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Mavericks have shot at a 46.7% rate from the field this season, 0.4 percentage points below the 47.1% shooting opponents of the Clippers have averaged.
- This season, Dallas has an 11-8 record against the spread and a 14-5 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 47.1% from the field.
- When Los Angeles’ opponents shoot higher than 46.7% from the field, it is 12-8 against the spread and 14-6 overall.
- The Clippers are making 41.8% of their three-point shots this season, 4.4% higher than the 37.4% the Mavericks allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Los Angeles is 17-11 against the spread and 20-8 overall when it shoots better than 37.4% from distance.
- Dallas is 14-9 against the spread while putting up a 14-9 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 41.8% from three-point distance.
- The Mavericks shoot 35.4% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 0.8 percentage points lower than the Clippers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.2%).
- Dallas is 8-8 ATS and 11-5 overall when the team makes more than 36.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles is 15-6 ATS and 16-5 overall in games it shoots over 35.4% from deep.
- The Clippers make 14.5 three-pointers per game this season, 1.1 more made shots on average than the 13.4 per game the Mavericks allow.
- When Los Angeles makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 19-10 against the spread and 22-7 overall. When Dallas is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 4-16 ATS and 5-15 straight up.
- The Clippers rank sixth in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Mavericks allow the 24th-fewest made threes in the league.
Clippers vs Mavericks Stat Rankings
|Clippers Rank||Clippers AVG||Mavericks AVG||Mavericks Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from