The Atlanta Hawks (19-20) are favored (by 9 points) to continue a three-game road win streak when they visit the Houston Rockets (11-26) on Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The point total is 225 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 16, 2021, 12:05 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hawks vs Rockets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 16
Cam Reddish: Out (Achilles),
Kris Dunn: Out (Ankle/Knee),
De’Andre Hunter: Out (Right Knee),
Onyeka Okongwu: Day To Day (Adductor),
Clint Capela: Day To Day (Heel)
P.J. Tucker: Out (Not with team),
David Nwaba: Out (Wrist),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
John Wall: Out (Knee),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin),
Christian Wood: Day To Day (Ankle),
Danuel House Jr.: Day To Day (Knee),
Rodions Kurucs: Out (Oblique),
Ben McLemore: Day To Day (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Rockets (+9)|
|Total Pick||Under (225)|
|Prediction||Hawks 114, Rockets 109|
The model favors the Hawks by 5.1 points, a much smaller margin than the 9-point spread set by DraftKings. Take the Rockets to cover.
In this game, the model projects a total (222.6 points) a little lower than the DraftKings over/under (225 points).
Hawks Key Players
Hawks Player Props
- Trae Young’s points prop total for the game is set at 28.5, 2.1 points greater than his season average of 26.4.
- Clint Capela’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 28.5, 1.5 lower than his season average of 30.0.
- Young’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 1.0 shot greater than his season average of 2.5.
- Capela’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.8 blocks lower than his season average of 2.3.
Rockets Key Players
- The Hawks are shooting 45.5% from the field this season, 1.4 percentage points lower than the 46.9% the Rockets allow to opponents.
- In games Atlanta shoots better than 46.9% from the field, it is 9-5 against the spread and 8-6 overall.
- Houston is 8-6 against the spread and 9-5 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 45.5% from the field.
- The Rockets are shooting 43.2% from the field, 2.6% lower than the 45.8% the Hawks’ opponents have shot this season.
- Houston is 7-4 against the spread and 7-4 overall when it shoots higher than 45.8% from the field.
- Atlanta is 11-3-1 against the spread and 12-3 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 43.2% from the field.
- The Hawks’ 36.2% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.1 percentage points lower than opponents of the Rockets have shot from deep (37.3%).
- Atlanta is 12-3-1 against the spread and 12-4 overall when it shoots better than 37.3% from distance.
- Houston is 7-9-1 against the spread and 8-9 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 36.2% from deep.
- The Rockets’ three-point shooting percentage this season (32.6%) is 1.8 percentage points lower than opponents of the Hawks are averaging (34.4%).
- Houston is 6-5 ATS and 7-4 overall when the team hits more than 34.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Atlanta has a 13-7 ATS record and a 14-6 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 32.6% of its three-point shots.
- The Hawks knock down 12.6 three-pointers per game this season, only 0.8 fewer made shots on average than the 13.4 per game the Rockets give up.
- Houston has gone 9-8-1 against the spread and 9-9 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Atlanta hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 5-13 ATS and 5-13 straight up.
- The Hawks rank 17th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Rockets allow the 11th-fewest made threes in the league.
Hawks vs Rockets Stat Rankings
|Hawks Rank||Hawks AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from