The Portland Trail Blazers (22-16) host the New Orleans Pelicans (17-22) as 1.5-point favorites after Damian Lillard racked up 38 points in the Trail Blazers’ 114-112 loss to the Timberwolves. The game airs on TNT at 10:00 PM ET on Tuesday, March 16, 2021. The matchup has a point total of 238.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of March 16, 2021, 11:25 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Trail Blazers vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 16
Harry Giles III: Day To Day (Calf),
Jusuf Nurkic: Out (Wrist),
Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
JJ Redick: Out (Heel)
|Spread Pick||Trail Blazers (-1.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (238)|
|Prediction||Trail Blazers 117, Pelicans 114|
The model projects the Trail Blazers to win, just as William Hill does, but the model favors them by slightly more points (2.9 to 1.5).
The William Hill point total for this game is more than two possessions higher (7.5 points) than the model projection. Put your money on the under.
Trail Blazers Key Players
|Gary Trent Jr.||36||15.4||2.2||1.5||0.9||0.1||3.1|
Trail Blazers Player Props
- Lillard’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 41.5, 0.7 less than his season average of 42.2.
- Enes Kanter’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is listed at 13.5 boards, 1.7 rebounds higher than his season average of 11.8.
- CJ McCollum’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 2.3 shots lower than his season average of 4.8.
- Robert Covington’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals less than his season average of 1.6.
Pelicans Key Players
Pelicans Player Props
- Zion Williamson’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 37.5, 1.7 greater than his season average of 35.8.
- Lonzo Ball’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 25.5, 1.9 higher than his season average of 23.6.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots less than his season average of 3.0.
- Ball’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals higher than his season average of 1.3.
- The Trail Blazers make 44.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.7 percentage points lower than the Pelicans have allowed to their opponents (47.3%).
- In games Portland shoots better than 47.3% from the field, it is 7-2 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
- New Orleans is 9-4 against the spread and 11-3 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 44.6% from the field.
- The Pelicans are shooting 48.6% from the field, 0.8% higher than the 47.8% the Trail Blazers’ opponents have shot this season.
- New Orleans is 12-9-1 against the spread and 12-10 overall when it shoots higher than 47.8% from the field.
- This season, Portland has a 13-7 record against the spread and a 14-6 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 48.6% from the field.
- The Trail Blazers shoot 38.2% from beyond the arc, 0.8% lower than the 39% the Pelicans allow to opponents.
- Portland has a 14-3 record against the spread and a 15-2 record overall when the team knocks down more than 39% of its three-point attempts.
- New Orleans has put up a 12-6-1 against the spread while going 14-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 38.2% from downtown.
- The Pelicans’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35.5%) is 1.7 percentage points lower than opponents of the Trail Blazers are averaging (37.2%).
- New Orleans is 11-4-1 against the spread and 12-4 overall when shooting over 37.2% as a team from three-point range.
- Portland has an 11-5 ATS record and an 11-5 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35.5% from three-point range.
- The Trail Blazers knock down 16.2 three-pointers per game this season, 5.3 more made shots on average than the 10.9 per game the Pelicans give up.
- When Portland makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 16-12 against the spread and 19-9 overall. When New Orleans is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 8-20-1 ATS and 10-20 straight up.
- The Pelicans are the 24th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Trail Blazers allow the 18th-fewest makes from deep.
Trail Blazers vs Pelicans Stat Rankings
|Trail Blazers Rank||Trail Blazers AVG||Pelicans AVG||Pelicans Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from