The Utah Jazz (28-10) are favored (by 4.5 points) to break a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Boston Celtics (20-17) on Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET. The over/under is set at 228.5 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 16, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Celtics Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 16
Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle)
Romeo Langford: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
|Spread Pick||Celtics (+4.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (228.5)|
|Prediction||Jazz 114, Celtics 110|
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.1 points of each other).
In this matchup, the model projects a total (224.2 points) marginally lower than the DraftKings over/under (228.5 points).
Jazz Key Players
Celtics Key Players
- This season, the Jazz have a 46.7% shooting percentage from the field, which is the same percentage of shots the Celtics’ opponents have knocked down.
- Utah is 16-3 against the spread and 18-1 overall when it shoots better than 46.7% from the field.
- Boston’s record is 13-6 against the spread and 13-6 overall when its opponents make more than 46.7% of their shots from the field.
- The Celtics’ 47% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.1 percentage points higher than the Jazz have allowed to their opponents (44.9%).
- Boston is 17-11 against the spread and 19-9 overall when it shoots better than 44.9% from the field.
- This season, Utah has a 23-3-1 record against the spread and a 26-1 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 47% from the field.
- The Jazz shoot 39.6% from three-point range, 3.3% higher than the 36.3% the Celtics allow to opponents.
- Utah has a 19-4-1 record against the spread and a 21-3 record overall when the team knocks down more than 36.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Boston is 13-13 against the spread while putting up a 13-13 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 39.6% from three-point distance.
- The Celtics are knocking down 37.7% of their shots from three-point range, which is just 2.4 percentage points greater than the 35.3% the Jazz’s opponents are averaging on the season.
- Boston has a 16-7 ATS record and is 18-5 straight-up when the team makes more than 35.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Utah is 20-4-1 ATS and 22-3 overall in games it shoots over 37.7% from deep.
- The Jazz hit 16.9 three-pointers per game this season, 4.4 more made shots on average than the 12.5 per game the Celtics give up.
- Utah is 24-7-1 against the spread and 26-6 overall when it hit more threes than its opponents, while Boston is 7-11 ATS and 8-10 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
- The Celtics are the 19th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Jazz give up the fewest makes from deep.
Jazz vs Celtics Stat Rankings
|Jazz Rank||Jazz AVG||Celtics AVG||Celtics Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from