The Wichita State Shockers (16-5) and the Drake Bulldogs (25-4) will meet on Thursday with a spot in the Round of 64 of the NCAA Tournament bracket up for grabs. Wichita State is a favorite for this First Four matchup, which begins at 6:27 PM ET, live on TBS.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 15, 2021, 4:10 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Pick ATS: Drake Bulldogs (+2)
The model line and the DraftKings line are within 0.5 points of each other.
Pick OU: Over (140.5)
The DraftKings total for this game, 140.5 points, and the model’s projected total, 141.2 points, are only 0.7 points apart.
Prediction: Wichita State 71, Drake 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Shockers have an average implied point total of 72.5 this season, which is 1.5 points higher than their implied total in Thursday’s game (71).
- Wichita State has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (71) 11 times.
- The 74-point average implied total on the season for the Bulldogs is five more points than the team’s 69-point implied total in this matchup.
- Drake will aim to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (69) for the 23rd time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Wichita State and Drake Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Shockers are shooting 40.8% from the field this season, 1.5 percentage points lower than the 42.3% the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- In games when Wichita State shoots better than 42.3% from the field, it is 6-0 overall and 4-1 against the spread.
- Drake has a 10-0 record against the spread and a 13-0 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 40.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Bulldogs’ 49.4% shooting percentage from the field this season is 9.1 percentage points higher than the Shockers have allowed to their opponents (40.3%).
- This season, Drake has compiled an 18-5 record against the spread and a 23-3 record overall in games the team shoots better than 40.3% collectively from the field.
- When opponents of Wichita State shoot above 49.4% from the field, it is 9-8-1 against the spread and 15-5 overall.
- The Shockers shoot 34.3% from three-point range, 2.5% higher than the 31.8% the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- Wichita State has a 6-7 record against the spread and a 13-1 record overall when the team makes more than 31.8% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Drake has put up a 16-2 straight-up record and gone 15-2 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot over 34.3% from three-point distance.
- The Bulldogs are making 37% of their shots from three-point distance, which is 7.5 percentage points higher than the 29.5% the Shockers’ are averaging on the season.
- Drake is 18-1 straight-up and has a 15-2 ATS record when the team hits more than 29.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Wichita State has an 8-6-1 ATS record and a 13-4 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 37% from distance.
- The Shockers’ 8.3 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.3 more made shots on average than the 7 per game the Bulldogs allow.
- The Shockers are 6-5 against the spread and 10-3 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Bulldogs are 6-6 ATS and 9-4 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from