The No. 15 Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (16-10) are underdogs to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament when they take on the No. 2 Ohio State Buckeyes (21-9) on Friday. Here are some insights into this 2-15 matchup in the South Region bracket that starts at 3:00 PM ET, live on CBS
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 15, 2021, 4:10 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Pick ATS: Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (+16.5)
The model favors the Buckeyes by 13.3 points, a much smaller margin than the 16.5-point spread set by DraftKings. The model likes the Golden Eagles to cover.
Pick OU: Under (155.5)
The model predicts a total 2.9 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Ohio State 83, Oral Roberts 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Buckeyes have an average implied point total of 75.1 this season, which is 10.9 points lower than their implied total in Friday’s game (86).
- Ohio State has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (86) nine times.
- The 80.4-point average implied total on the season for the Golden Eagles is 10.4 more points than the team’s 70-point implied total in this matchup.
- Oral Roberts has totaled more than 70 points 22 times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Ohio State and Oral Roberts Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 16.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Buckeyes make 45.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.7 percentage points higher than the Golden Eagles have allowed to their opponents (43.2%).
- Ohio State is 18-5 overall and 14-7 against the spread when it shoots better than 43.2% from the field.
- Oral Roberts’ record is 12-6 overall and 10-5 against the spread when its opponents make more than 45.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Golden Eagles have shot at a 45.4% clip from the field this season, three percentage points greater than the 42.4% shooting opponents of the Buckeyes have averaged.
- Oral Roberts is 10-5 against the spread and 14-3 overall when it shoots higher than 42.4% from the field.
- This season, Ohio State has a 13-5 record against the spread and a 19-1 record overall when its opponents shoot above 45.4% from the field.
- The Buckeyes shoot 36.5% from deep, 1.5% higher than the 35% the Golden Eagles allow to opponents.
- Ohio State has assembled an 11-3 record against the spread and a 13-2 straight-up record in games this season when making more than 35% of its three-point attempts.
- Oral Roberts is 10-4 overall and 7-4 against the spread when its opponents shoot higher than 36.5% from deep.
- The Golden Eagles three-point shooting percentage this season (39.1%) is five percentage points higher than opponents of the Buckeyes are averaging (34.1%).
- Oral Roberts is 9-7 ATS and 12-6 overall when the team hits more than 34.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Ohio State has a 14-5 straight-up record and an 11-7 ATS record this season when it connects on more than 39.1% of its three-point attempts.
- The Buckeyes’ 8.2 made three-pointers per game this season is 3.1 fewer made shots on average than the 11.3 per game the Golden Eagles allow.
- The Golden Eagles are 13-3 against the spread and 13-6 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Buckeyes are 4-6 ATS and 7-4 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from