The No. 8 Loyola Chicago Ramblers (24-4) are favorites to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament when they play the No. 9 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (17-8) on Friday, tipping off at 4:00 PM ET on TBS. Here’s everything you need to know about this 8-9 matchup before filling out your bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 15, 2021, 4:10 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Pick ATS: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (+2.5)
The spread for this game suggested by the model (0.7 points) is a little bit less than the 2.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Ramblers, though the data still has them as the favorite.
Pick OU: Over (126)
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is more than two possessions lower (10.0 points) than the model projection. Put your money on the over.
Prediction: Loyola Chicago 69, Georgia Tech 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Ramblers this season is 71.2 points, 7.2 more points than their implied total of 64 points in Friday’s game.
- Loyola Chicago is trying to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (64) for the 22nd time this season.
- The Yellow Jackets’ average implied point total on the season (73.1 points) is 11.1 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (62 points).
- Georgia Tech has put up more than 62 points 22 times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Loyola Chicago and Georgia Tech Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Ramblers have a 50.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 4.6% higher than the 45.9% of shots the Yellow Jackets’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games when Loyola Chicago shoots higher than 45.9% from the field, it is 17-1 overall and 13-3 against the spread.
- Georgia Tech is 12-8 against the spread and 13-7 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 50.5% from the field.
- The Yellow Jackets’ 47.4% shooting percentage from the field this season is 6.7 percentage points higher than the Ramblers have given up to their opponents (40.7%).
- Georgia Tech has a 15-7 record against the spread and a 17-5 record overall in games when it shoots better than 40.7% from the field.
- Loyola Chicago is 16-6-1 against the spread and 22-3 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot above 47.4% from the field.
- The Ramblers shoot 36.8% from three-point range, the same as the Yellow Jackets allow to opponents.
- Loyola Chicago is 13-0 overall and 9-2 against the spread when it shoots better than 36.8% from distance.
- Georgia Tech is 8-6 against the spread and 10-4 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 36.8% from deep.
- The Yellow Jackets shoot 34.8% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 2.1 percentage points higher than the Ramblers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32.7%).
- Georgia Tech’s record is 8-5 ATS and 11-2 overall when the team makes more than 32.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Loyola Chicago has a 13-3-1 ATS record and a 17-1 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 34.8% of its three-point shots.
- The Yellow Jackets are 7-5 against the spread and 9-3 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Ramblers are 2-5 ATS and 6-1 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from