The No. 5 Colorado Buffaloes (22-8) and the No. 12 Georgetown Hoyas (13-12) will meet on Saturday to compete for a spot in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Colorado is favored by in the opening round matchup, which starts at 12:15 PM ET on CBS. Here are the insights you need when filling out your bracket for this 5-12 matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 15, 2021, 4:10 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Pick ATS: Georgetown Hoyas (+4.5)
The model and DraftKings both have the Buffaloes taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (3.7 points). Lean towards taking the Hoyas.
Pick OU: Over (138)
The model predicts a total 1.2 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Colorado 71, Georgetown 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Buffaloes this season is 73.1 points, 2.1 more points than their implied total of 71 points in Saturday’s game.
- This season, Colorado has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (71) 18 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Hoyas (76.5) is 9.5 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (67).
- This season, Georgetown has scored more than this game’s implied total of 67 points 19 times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Colorado and Georgetown Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Buffaloes have a 45.2% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.7% higher than the 41.5% of shots the Hoyas’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games when Colorado shoots higher than 41.5% from the field, it is 13-8-2 against the spread and 18-5 overall.
- Georgetown is 12-7 overall and 12-3 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 45.2% from the field.
- The Hoyas are shooting 42.4% from the field, 0.5% higher than the 41.9% the Buffaloes’ opponents have shot this season.
- Georgetown is 7-3 against the spread and 7-5 overall when it shoots higher than 41.9% from the field.
- This season, Colorado has a 10-5 record against the spread and a 13-2 record overall when its opponents shoot higher than 42.4% from the field.
- The Buffaloes shoot 36.4% from three-point range, 3.8% higher than the 32.6% the Hoyas allow to opponents.
- Colorado has a 12-4-2 record against the spread and a 16-2 record overall when the team connects on more than 32.6% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Georgetown is 9-7 overall and 8-4 against the spread when its opponents shoot better than 36.4% from deep.
- The Hoyas three-point shooting percentage this season (36.6%) is 3.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Buffaloes are averaging (33.2%).
- Georgetown is 11-3 against the spread and 10-7 overall when it shoots above 33.2% as a team from deep.
- Colorado is 9-6-1 ATS and 13-3 overall in games it shoots above 36.6% from deep.
- Georgetown has gone 6-4 against the spread and 7-6 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Colorado makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 4-6 ATS and 6-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from