The 14th-seeded Eastern Washington Eagles (16-7) hit the court in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament against the No. 3 seed Kansas Jayhawks (20-8) on Saturday. The matchup begins at 1:15 PM ET on TBS. Eastern Washington is a heavy, underdog in the game. Here’s what you need to know before filling out your brackets for this 3-14 matchup in the West Region.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 15, 2021, 4:10 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Pick ATS: Eastern Washington Eagles (+10.5)
The model and DraftKings both have the Jayhawks taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (9.8 points). Lean towards taking the Eagles.
Pick OU: Over (143)
The DraftKings total for this game, 143 points, and the model’s projected total, 143.4 points, are only 0.4 points apart.
Prediction: Kansas 77, Eastern Washington 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Jayhawks have an average implied point total of 74.7 this season, which is 2.3 points lower than their implied total in Saturday’s game (77).
- This season, Kansas has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (77) nine times.
- The Eagles’ average implied point total on the season (78.1 points) is 12.1 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (66 points).
- Eastern Washington has scored more than 66 points in 20 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Kansas and Eastern Washington Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 10.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Jayhawks have a 44.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.6% higher than the 41.5% of shots the Eagles’ opponents have made.
- Kansas is 9-6-1 against the spread and 12-5 overall when it shoots better than 41.5% from the field.
- Eastern Washington’s record is 12-2 overall and 11-2 against the spread when its opponents make more than 44.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Eagles have shot at a 46.7% rate from the field this season, 6.1 percentage points higher than the 40.6% shooting opponents of the Jayhawks have averaged.
- Eastern Washington is 12-6 against the spread and 14-5 overall when it shoots better than 40.6% from the field.
- Kansas is 14-6 against the spread and 18-3 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 46.7% from the field.
- The Jayhawks’ 34.5% three-point shooting percentage this season is 3.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Eagles have shot from deep (30.8%).
- Kansas is 13-5 overall and 11-5-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 30.8% from distance.
- Eastern Washington has put up a 10-3 against the spread while going 10-4 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 34.5% from downtown.
- The Eagles shoot 35.4% from beyond the arc this season. That’s three percentage points higher than the Jayhawks have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32.4%).
- Eastern Washington is 10-2 overall and 10-2 against the spread when it shoots above 32.4% as a team from three-point distance.
- Kansas is 12-5 ATS and 16-2 overall in games it shoots above 35.4% from deep.
- When Eastern Washington makes more threes than its opponents, it is 10-3 against the spread and 12-2 overall. When Kansas is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 4-8 ATS and 7-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from