The Cal Baptist Lancers (13-8, 5-3 WAC) hope to build on a three-game winning stretch when they visit the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (10-11, 1-7 WAC) at 7:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 28, 2023 at UTRGV Fieldhouse. The game airs on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Lancers’ (to win on the moneyline) game versus the Vaqueros ( ).
The betting trends in the article below are based off odds valid as of January 28, 2023 at 5:45 PM ET. Check out the table below for the latest odds for this contest and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
Cal Baptist Vs UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Lines
|Spread Pick||UT Rio Grande Valley (+7)|
|Total Pick||Under (148.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Cal Baptist Vs UT Rio Grande Valley Stat Rankings
|Cal Baptist Avg. (Rank)||UT Rio Grande Valley Avg. (Rank)|
|68.5 (255th)||Points Scored||80 (26th)|
|63.8 (42nd)||Points Allowed||80 (356th)|
|33.8 (175th)||Rebounds||35.9 (66th)|
|9.5 (187th)||Off. Rebounds||9.5 (187th)|
|8.7 (54th)||3pt Made||6.6 (271st)|
|13.9 (130th)||Assists||15.4 (49th)|
|11.3 (90th)||Turnovers||16.9 (362nd)|
Cal Baptist Vs UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Trends
- Against the spread, the Lancers are 9-9-2 this season.
- As a 7-point favorite or greater, Cal Baptist has two wins ATS (2-3).
- There have been eight Lancers games (out of 20) that went over the total this season.
- On only two occasions this season have Cal Baptist and its opponent combined for more than 148.5 points.
- Lancers games this season have posted an average total of 132.3, which is 16.2 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
- UT Rio Grande Valley has eight wins in 18 games against the spread this year.
- The Vaqueros have two wins ATS (2-7) as a 7-point underdog or more this year.
- Out of 20 Cal Baptist’s games so far this year, eight have gone over the total.
- Vaqueros games have finished with over 148.5 points scored 13 times this season.
- The average total points scored in UT Rio Grande Valley’s games this year (160) is 11.5 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Best Betting Sites For Cal Baptist vs UT Rio Grande Valley
Cal Baptist Impact Players
- Hunter Goodrick paces the Lancers at 7.1 rebounds per game, while also averaging 2.1 assists and 8.7 points.
- Riley Battin averages 9.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game. Defensively, he posts 0.5 steals and 0.2 blocked shots.
- Joe Quintana is averaging 10.4 points, 1.6 assists and 2.2 rebounds per contest.
- Timothy Ighoefe puts up 5.9 points, 6.8 rebounds and 0.6 assists per contest. At the other end, he delivers 0.4 steals and 2.3 blocked shots.
UT Rio Grande Valley Impact Players
- Justin Johnson tops the Vaqueros in scoring (21.6 points per game) and assists (2.9), and produces 5.1 rebounds. He also averages 0.8 steals and 0 blocked shots.
- Will Johnston leads the Vaqueros in assists (3.9 per game), and averages 16 points and 2.6 rebounds. He also puts up 0.4 steals and 0 blocked shots.
- Dima Zdor is putting up 9.4 points, 5.5 rebounds and 0.9 assists per game, making 57% of his shots from the field.
- Daylen Williams is the Vaqueros’ top rebounder (5.8 per game), and he produces 5.7 points and 2.7 assists.
- Sherman Brashear is putting up 8.4 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.1 assists per contest, making 35.2% of his shots from the field and 34.2% from 3-point range, with 1.9 treys per contest.