The Detroit Pistons (10-28) will attempt to end a three-game losing streak when they host the San Antonio Spurs (19-16) on Monday, March 15, 2021 at Little Caesars Arena as just 3-point underdogs. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on FS-DET. The point total is set at 219.5 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 15, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Spurs vs Pistons Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 15
DeMar DeRozan: Out (Personal),
LaMarcus Aldridge: Out (Not With Team)
Jahlil Okafor: Out (Knee),
Dennis Smith Jr.: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip),
Hamidou Diallo: Out (Groin),
Wayne Ellington: Day To Day (Groin)
|Spread Pick||Pistons (+3)|
|Total Pick||Over (219.5)|
|Prediction||Spurs 111, Pistons 110|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (0.7 points) is a little tighter than the 3-point edge DraftKings gives to the Spurs, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The model’s predicted total (219.7 points) and the DraftKings set total (219.5 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Spurs Key Players
Pistons Key Players
- The Spurs make 45.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.4 percentage points lower than the Pistons have allowed to their opponents (47.9%).
- San Antonio is 8-0 against the spread and 8-0 overall when it shoots higher than 47.9% from the field.
- Detroit’s record is 5-7 against the spread and 5-8 overall when its opponents make more than 45.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Pistons’ 44.1% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.6 percentage points lower than the Spurs have given up to their opponents (46.7%).
- Detroit is 7-2 against the spread and 5-5 overall when it shoots better than 46.7% from the field.
- San Antonio is 12-3 against the spread and 10-5 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot above 44.1% from the field.
- The Spurs’ 36.1% three-point shooting percentage this season is only one percentage point lower than opponents of the Pistons have shot from beyond the arc (37.1%).
- San Antonio is 11-5-1 against the spread and 11-6 overall when it shoots better than 37.1% from distance.
- Detroit is 8-8 against the spread while putting together a 6-12 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 36.1% from three-point range.
- The Pistons shoot 34.9% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 3.2 percentage points lower than the Spurs have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (38.1%).
- Detroit is 10-4 ATS and 6-9 overall when the team hits more than 38.1% of its three-point attempts.
- San Antonio is 10-3 ATS and 9-4 overall in games it shoots above 34.9% from deep.
- The Spurs knock down 10.9 three-pointers per game this season, 1.7 fewer makes per game than the Pistons allow (12.6).
- Detroit is 14-8 against the spread and 7-16 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while San Antonio is 8-15-1 ATS and 9-15 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
- The Pistons rank 18th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Spurs give up the 19th-fewest made threes in the league.
Spurs vs Pistons Stat Rankings
|Spurs Rank||Spurs AVG||Pistons AVG||Pistons Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from