A game after he scored 32 points in a 121-106 loss to the Hawks, De’Aaron Fox leads the Sacramento Kings (15-23) on the road against the Charlotte Hornets (19-18) on Monday, March 15, 2021. The Kings are underdogs by 3 points in the matchup, which begins at 7:00 PM ET on NBCS-CA. The matchup’s point total is set at 239.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 15, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Kings Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 15
Robert Woodard II: Day To Day (Hamstring),
Hassan Whiteside: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Chimezie Metu: Out (Wrist)
|Spread Pick||Hornets (-3)|
|Total Pick||Under (239.5)|
|Prediction||Hornets 118, Kings 112|
Our computers expect the same result as DraftKings, but have the Hornets winning by a considerably more robust margin (6.7 points). Take the Hornets.
The model predicts a total (230.0 points) much lower than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup (239.5 points). Take the under.
Hornets Key Players
Kings Key Players
|Marvin Bagley III||36||13.9||7.5||1.0||0.5||0.5||0.9|
- This season, the Hornets have a 46.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.8% lower than the 49.1% of shots the Kings’ opponents have made.
- Charlotte is 6-3 against the spread and 6-3 overall when it shoots higher than 49.1% from the field.
- Sacramento has an 8-2 record against the spread and an 8-2 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 46.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Kings’ 47.9% shooting percentage from the field this season is 1.1 percentage points higher than the Hornets have given up to their opponents (46.8%).
- Sacramento has put together an 11-13 record against the spread and a 10-14 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 46.8% from the field.
- Charlotte is 14-5 against the spread and 14-6 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot over 47.9% from the field.
- The Hornets are knocking down 38.5% of their three-point shots this season, 1.1% lower than the 39.6% the Kings allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Charlotte has a 12-4 record against the spread and an 11-6 record overall when the team connects on more than 39.6% of its three-point shots.
- Sacramento is 13-5 against the spread while putting together a 12-6 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 38.5% from three-point distance.
- The Kings’ three-point shooting percentage this season (36.3%) is one percentage point lower than opponents of the Hornets are averaging (37.3%).
- Sacramento is 7-8 against the spread and 7-8 overall when shooting over 37.3% as a team from three-point range.
- Charlotte is 10-7 ATS and 12-6 overall in games it shoots over 36.3% from deep.
- The Hornets connect on 14.1 three-pointers per game this season, two more makes per game than the Kings give up (12.1).
- Charlotte is 12-6 against the spread and 13-6 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while Sacramento is 4-15 ATS and 2-17 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
- The Hornets are the seventh-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Kings allow the 22nd-fewest makes from deep.
Hornets vs Kings Stat Rankings
|Hornets Rank||Hornets AVG||Kings AVG||Kings Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from