The No. 2 seed Colgate Raiders (13-1) are 9.5-point favorites to claim the Patriot championship and a guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket when they face off with the No. 9 Loyola (MD) Greyhounds (6-10) on Sunday at 12:00 PM ET, live on CBS Sports.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 14, 2021, 3:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this game has the Raiders favored by 9.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by considerably more (19.0 points). Put your money on the Raiders.
The DraftKings total for this game, 147.5 points, and the model’s projected total, 148.5 points, are only 1.0 point apart.
Prediction: Colgate 84, Loyola (MD) 65
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Raiders’ average implied point total this season is two more points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (81 implied points on average compared to 79 implied points in this game).
- This season, Colgate has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (79) nine times.
- The Greyhounds’ average implied point total on the season (72.5 points) is 3.5 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (69 points).
- Loyola (MD) has scored more than 69 points 11 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Colgate and Loyola (MD) Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 9.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Raiders are shooting 49.8% from the field this season, 7.5 percentage points higher than the 42.3% the Greyhounds allow to opponents.
- In games when Colgate shoots better than 42.3% from the field, it is 8-5 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- Loyola (MD) has put up a 7-7 record against the spread and a 6-10 record overall when its opponents knock down more than 49.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Greyhounds are shooting 46.5% from the field, 6.1% higher than the 40.4% the Raiders’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Loyola (MD) has a 6-6 record against the spread and a 5-9 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 40.4% from the field.
- When Colgate’s opponents hit better than 46.5% from the field, it is 9-4 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- The Raiders’ 38.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is 5.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Greyhounds have shot from beyond the arc (32.9%).
- Colgate has a 7-1 record against the spread and an 8-0 record overall when the team knocks down more than 32.9% of its shots from three-point range.
- Loyola (MD) has put up a 6-6 against the spread while going 6-6 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 38.7% from downtown.
- The Greyhounds three-point shooting percentage this season (31.2%) is 4.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Raiders are averaging (26.4%).
- Loyola (MD) has a 6-4 ATS record and is 5-5 straight-up in games when the team makes more than 26.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Colgate has a 7-3 ATS record and a 10-0 straight-up record in games this season when it knocks down more than 31.2% of its three-point shots.
- The Raiders’ 8.7 made three-pointers per game this season is 3.3 more made shots on average than the 5.4 per game the Greyhounds allow.
- The Raiders are 8-1 against the spread and 9-0 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Greyhounds are 3-6 ATS and 2-9 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from