Southwest Division foes square off when the Memphis Grizzlies (17-17) visit the Oklahoma City Thunder (16-22) at Chesapeake Energy Arena, tipping off at 2:00 PM ET on Sunday, March 14, 2021. The Thunder are 5.5-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The over/under is set at 220.5 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of March 14, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Grizzlies vs Thunder Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 14
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee)
Josh Hall: Day To Day (Knee),
Trevor Ariza: Out (Personal),
Darius Bazley: Day To Day (Shoulder),
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: Day To Day (Quad),
George Hill: Out (Thumb)
|Spread Pick||Thunder (+5.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (220.5)|
|Prediction||Grizzlies 111, Thunder 110|
The model favors the Grizzlies by 0.7 points, a much smaller margin than the 5.5-point spread set by FanDuel. Take the Thunder to cover.
FanDuel and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this contest, within 0.6 points of each other.
Grizzlies Key Players
Thunder Key Players
- The Grizzlies make 46.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.4 percentage points higher than the Thunder have allowed to their opponents (46.1%).
- Memphis is 14-3 against the spread and 14-3 overall when it shoots higher than 46.1% from the field.
- Oklahoma City’s record is 13-7 against the spread and 10-10 overall when its opponents make more than 46.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Thunder’s 44.7% shooting percentage from the field this season is the same as the Grizzlies have allowed to their opponents.
- Oklahoma City is 6-3-1 against the spread and 6-4 overall when it shoots higher than 46.8% from the field.
- This season, Memphis has a 12-2 record against the spread and a 9-5 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 44.7% from the field.
- The Grizzlies’ 35.8% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 0.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Thunder have shot from beyond the arc (35.1%).
- Memphis has assembled a 12-5 record against the spread and a 10-7 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 35.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Oklahoma City has put up a 15-6-1 against the spread while going 12-10 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35.8% from deep.
- The Thunder shoot 34.1% from three-point distance this season. That’s just 3.1 percentage points lower than the Grizzlies have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.2%).
- Oklahoma City is 10-4 against the spread and 9-5 overall when shooting over 37.2% as a team from three-point range.
- Memphis has a 10-1 ATS record and an 8-3 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 34.1% of its three-point attempts.
- The Grizzlies’ 10.8 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.1 fewer made shots on average than the 12.9 per game the Thunder give up.
- Oklahoma City is 14-6 against the spread and 12-8 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Memphis is 10-11 ATS and 9-12 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
- The Grizzlies make the 26th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Thunder allow the 16th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Grizzlies vs Thunder Stat Rankings
|Grizzlies Rank||Grizzlies AVG||Thunder AVG||Thunder Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from