A game after he scored 31 points in a 121-109 loss to the Nets, Jayson Tatum leads the Boston Celtics (19-17) on the road against the Houston Rockets (11-25) as 10.5-point favorites. The matchup, which airs on NBCS-BOS, starts at 8:00 PM ET on Sunday, March 14, 2021. The over/under is set at 224 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of March 14, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Rockets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 14
Romeo Langford: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
P.J. Tucker: Out (Not with team),
David Nwaba: Day To Day (Wrist),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
John Wall: Out (Knee),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin),
Christian Wood: Out (Ankle),
Danuel House Jr.: Out (Knee),
Rodions Kurucs: Out (Oblique)
|Spread Pick||Rockets (+10.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (224)|
|Prediction||Celtics 114, Rockets 108|
The model favors the Celtics by 5.3 points, a much smaller margin than the 10.5-point spread set by FanDuel. Take the Rockets to cover.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (221.8 points) a little lower than the FanDuel over/under (224 points).
Celtics Key Players
Rockets Key Players
- The Celtics make 46.8% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.1 percentage points higher than the Rockets have allowed to their opponents (46.7%).
- In games Boston shoots higher than 46.7% from the field, it is 14-7 against the spread and 16-5 overall.
- Houston is 10-7 against the spread and 10-7 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 46.8% from the field.
- The Rockets have shot at a 43.4% rate from the field this season, 3.6 percentage points less than the 47% shooting opponents of the Celtics have averaged.
- This season, Houston has a 7-4 record against the spread and a 7-4 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 47% from the field.
- When Boston’s opponents shoot above 43.4% from the field, it is 7-2 against the spread and 7-2 overall.
- The Celtics are hitting 37.3% of their three-point shots this season, 0.4% higher than the 36.9% the Rockets allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Boston has collected a 14-6 record against the spread and a 16-4 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 36.9% of its three-point shots.
- Houston is 7-10 against the spread and 8-9 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 37.3% from deep.
- The Rockets are making 32.6% of their shots from three-point distance, which is 3.8 percentage points fewer than the 36.4% the Celtics’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Houston has a 6-4 ATS record and is 6-4 straight-up when the team makes more than 36.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Boston has a 7-7 ATS record and a 7-7 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 32.6% from three-point range.
- The Celtics’ 12.3 made three-pointers per game this season is one fewer made shot on average than the 13.3 per game the Rockets give up.
- Houston is 9-9 against the spread and 9-9 overall when it connects on more three-pointers than its opponents, while Boston is 7-11 ATS and 8-10 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
- The Celtics are the 19th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Rockets give up the 10th-fewest makes from deep.
Celtics vs Rockets Stat Rankings
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from