The Los Angeles Clippers (25-14) are 5.5-point favorites as they attempt to break a three-game road losing streak when they square off against the New Orleans Pelicans (16-22) on Sunday, March 14, 2021 at Smoothie King Center. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN. The point total is set at 236.5 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 14, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Clippers vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 14
Patrick Beverley: Out (Knee)
JJ Redick: Out (Heel)
|Spread Pick||Pelicans (+5.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (236.5)|
|Prediction||Clippers 116, Pelicans 112|
The spread for this game suggested by the model (3.6 points) is a little tighter than the 5.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Clippers, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The DraftKings point total for this game is more than two possessions higher (9.1 points) than the model projection. Put your money on the under.
Clippers Key Players
Pelicans Key Players
- The Clippers make 48.3% of their shots from the field this season, which is one percentage point higher than the Pelicans have allowed to their opponents (47.3%).
- Los Angeles is 18-7 against the spread and 21-4 overall when it shoots better than 47.3% from the field.
- New Orleans has a 14-8 record against the spread and a 14-8 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 48.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Pelicans are shooting 48.2% from the field, 1.5% higher than the 46.7% the Clippers’ opponents have shot this season.
- New Orleans has compiled a 13-11 record against the spread and a 12-12 straight up record in games it shoots above 46.7% from the field.
- Los Angeles is 18-11 against the spread and 21-8 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot above 48.2% from the field.
- The Clippers’ 42% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Pelicans have shot from deep (39.2%).
- Los Angeles has put together a 16-11 record against the spread and a 19-8 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 39.2% of its three-point attempts.
- New Orleans is 15-10 against the spread and 16-9 overall when its opponents shoot better than 42% from deep.
- The Pelicans shoot 35.3% from three-point distance this season. That’s 0.5 percentage points lower than the Clippers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (35.8%).
- New Orleans is 12-6 ATS and 13-5 overall when the team hits more than 35.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles has a 15-6 ATS record and a 16-5 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35.3% from three-point distance.
- The Clippers hit 14.5 three-pointers per game this season, 3.6 more made shots on average than the 10.9 per game the Pelicans give up.
- Los Angeles has gone 19-9 against the spread and 22-6 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When New Orleans hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 8-20 ATS and 9-20 straight up.
- The Pelicans make the 24th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Clippers allow the sixth-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Clippers vs Pelicans Stat Rankings
|Clippers Rank||Clippers AVG||Pelicans AVG||Pelicans Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from