A game after he scored 33 points in a 121-120 loss to the Hawks, Norman Powell leads the Toronto Raptors (17-20) on the road against the Charlotte Hornets (18-18) on Saturday, March 13, 2021. The Raptors are underdogs by 2 points in the matchup, which airs at 7:00 PM ET on Sportsnet. The matchup has an over/under of 229.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of March 13, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Raptors Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 13
Fred VanVleet: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
OG Anunoby: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Pascal Siakam: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Malachi Flynn: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Patrick McCaw: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
|Spread Pick||Raptors (+2)|
|Total Pick||Under (229.5)|
|Prediction||Hornets 113, Raptors 112|
The model favors the Hornets by 1.3 points, just 0.7 fewer than the 2-point spread set by FanDuel.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (225.2 points) slightly lower than the FanDuel over/under (229.5 points).
Hornets Key Players
Raptors Key Players
- The Hornets make 46.3% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.6 percentage points higher than the Raptors have allowed to their opponents (45.7%).
- Charlotte has a 14-8 record against the spread and a 13-9 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 45.7% from the field.
- Toronto’s record is 14-8 against the spread and 13-9 overall when its opponents make more than 46.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Raptors are shooting 45.2% from the field, 1.9% lower than the 47.1% the Hornets’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Toronto has a 10-4 record against the spread and a 9-5 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 47.1% from the field.
- Charlotte is 10-2 against the spread and 11-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot over 45.2% from the field.
- The Hornets shoot 38.4% from beyond the arc, 0.7% higher than the 37.7% the Raptors allow to opponents.
- Charlotte is 13-4-1 against the spread and 12-7 overall when it shoots better than 37.7% from distance.
- Toronto is 15-4 against the spread and 13-6 overall when its opponents shoot better than 38.4% from deep.
- The Raptors shoot 38.5% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 1.1 percentage points higher than the Hornets have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.4%).
- Toronto is 13-7 against the spread and 12-8 overall when shooting over 37.4% as a team from three-point range.
- Charlotte has a 10-7 ATS record and a 12-6 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 38.5% of its three-point attempts.
- The Hornets knock down 13.9 three-pointers per game this season, 1.6 fewer makes per game than the Raptors allow (15.5).
- Toronto has gone 15-7 against the spread and 14-8 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Charlotte hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 7-11 ATS and 6-12 straight up.
- The Raptors rank third in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Hornets allow the 29th-fewest made threes in the league.
Hornets vs Raptors Stat Rankings
|Hornets Rank||Hornets AVG||Raptors AVG||Raptors Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from