The No. 2 seed Jackson State Tigers (12-5) are 2-point underdogs in their SWAC Tournament semifinals matchup against the No. 3 seed Texas Southern Tigers (14-8) on Friday at Bartow Arena, starting at 3:00 PM ET on ESPN3. The winner moves one step closer to the conference championship and an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 12, 2021, 1:10 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Texas Southern Tigers’ average implied point total this season is 4.9 more points than their implied total in Friday’s game (73.9 implied points on average compared to 69 implied points in this game).
- Texas Southern has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (69) 15 times this season.
- The 73.2-point average implied total on the season for the Jackson State Tigers is 6.2 more points than the team’s 67-point implied total in this matchup.
- Jackson State has scored more than 67 points in six games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Texas Southern and Jackson State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
|Texas Southern Tigers||8-10-2||4-6-2||10-8-1|
|Jackson State Tigers||9-8||6-4||8-9|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Texas Southern Tigers have a 45.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 6.4% higher than the 38.9% of shots the Jackson State Tigers’ opponents have hit.
- Texas Southern is 6-9-2 against the spread and 13-6 overall when it shoots higher than 38.9% from the field.
- Jackson State has put together a 9-5 record against the spread and a 12-2 record overall when its opponents hit more than 45.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Jackson State Tigers are shooting 38.7% from the field, 1.4% lower than the 40.1% the Texas Southern Tigers’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Jackson State has a 4-0 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 40.1% from the field.
- Texas Southern is 5-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 38.7% from the field.
- The Texas Southern Tigers’ 27.4% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.8 percentage points lower than opponents of the Jackson State Tigers have shot from deep (29.2%).
- Texas Southern has collected a 5-5 straight-up record and a 2-6-1 record against the spread in games when the team knocks down more than 29.2% of its three-point attempts this season.
- Jackson State is 7-3 against the spread while putting together a 10-0 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 27.4% from downtown.
- The Jackson State Tigers are hitting 33.5% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is only 1.8 percentage points greater than the 31.7% the Texas Southern Tigers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Jackson State is 8-1 straight-up and has a 6-3 ATS record when the team makes more than 31.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Texas Southern has a 6-3 ATS record and an 8-2 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 33.5% from three-point range.
- Jackson State has gone 6-4 against the spread and 9-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Texas Southern makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 5-7-1 ATS and 9-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from