The AAC conference tournament continues Friday as the No. 2 seed Houston Cougars (21-3) face off against the No. 10 seed Tulane Green Wave (10-12) at Dickies Arena, beginning at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN2. Houston is a 17.5-point favorite to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 12, 2021, 1:10 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Cougars’ average implied point total this season is 1.8 fewer points than their implied total in Friday’s game (73.2 implied points on average compared to 75 implied points in this game).
- Houston is looking to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (75) for the 12th time this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Green Wave (69.8) is 11.8 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (58).
- Tulane has totaled more than 58 points in 18 games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Houston and Tulane Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 17.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Cougars make 43.7% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.9 percentage points higher than the Green Wave have allowed to their opponents (41.8%).
- Houston is 10-2 against the spread and 12-1 overall when it shoots higher than 41.8% from the field.
- Tulane has gone 11-4 against the spread and 9-6 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot higher than 43.7% from the field.
- The Green Wave are shooting 38.3% from the field, 1.3% higher than the 37% the Cougars’ opponents have shot this season.
- Tulane has put together an 8-5 straight up record and a 9-4 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 37% from the field.
- When Houston’s opponents hit better than 38.3% from the field, it is 10-2 against the spread and 13-0 overall.
- The Cougars’ 35.6% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.1 percentage points higher than opponents of the Green Wave have shot from beyond the arc (35.5%).
- Houston has a 9-0 record against the spread and a 10-0 record overall when the team connects on more than 35.5% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Tulane is 5-5 against the spread while putting up a 7-3 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 35.6% of their shots from downtown.
- The Green Wave shoot 29.9% from three-point distance this season. That’s 2.5 percentage points higher than the Cougars have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (27.4%).
- Tulane is 6-7 ATS and 7-6 overall when the team hits more than 27.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Houston is 10-2 ATS and 13-0 overall in games when shooting over 29.9% from deep.
- The Cougars hit 9.2 three-pointers per game this season, 2.5 more made shots on average than the 6.7 per game the Green Wave give up.
- When Houston makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 15-2 against the spread and 18-0 overall. When Tulane is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 7-8 ATS and 4-11 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from