The No. 6 seed Lamar Cardinals (10-17) are 13.5-point underdogs in their Southland Tournament semifinals matchup against the No. 2 seed Abilene Christian Wildcats (21-4) on Friday at Leonard E. Merrell Center, beginning at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The winner moves one step closer to the conference championship and an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 12, 2021, 1:10 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Wildcats’ average implied point total this season is 1.3 more points than their implied total in Friday’s game (75.3 implied points on average compared to 74 implied points in this game).
- Abilene Christian has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (74) 17 times this season.
- The 74.7-point average implied total on the season for the Cardinals is 14.7 more points than the team’s 60-point implied total in this matchup.
- This season, Lamar has scored more than this game’s implied total of 60 points 22 times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Abilene Christian and Lamar Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 13.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Wildcats make 45.7% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.6 percentage points higher than the Cardinals have allowed to their opponents (45.1%).
- Abilene Christian is 11-2 overall and 7-4 against the spread when it shoots better than 45.1% from the field.
- Lamar has an 11-3 record against the spread and an 8-6 record overall when its opponents knock down more than 45.7% of their shots from the field.
- The Cardinals’ 41.3% shooting percentage from the field this season is 1.3 percentage points higher than the Wildcats have given up to their opponents (40%).
- Lamar is 8-7 overall and 8-7 against the spread when it shoots higher than 40% from the field.
- This season, Abilene Christian has an 8-3 record against the spread and a 12-2 record overall when its opponents shoot greater than 41.3% from the field.
- The Wildcats are knocking down 34.5% of their three-point shots this season, 3.9% lower than the 38.4% the Cardinals allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Abilene Christian is 8-2 against the spread and 9-1 overall when it shoots better than 38.4% from distance.
- Lamar has a 9-2 record against the spread while going 5-6 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 34.5% from deep.
- The Cardinals’ three-point shooting percentage this season (30.7%) is only 0.2 percentage points lower than opponents of the Wildcats are averaging (30.9%).
- Lamar is 7-5 overall and 8-4 against the spread when it shoots better than 30.9% as a team from three-point distance.
- Abilene Christian has a 13-0 ATS record and a 13-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 30.7% from distance.
- The Wildcats hit 7.8 three-pointers per game this season, 2.9 more makes per game than the Cardinals allow (4.9).
- When Abilene Christian makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 14-2 against the spread and 16-2 overall. When Lamar is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 9-12 ATS and 5-16 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from