The No. 1 seed Prairie View A&M Panthers (15-4) and the No. 4 seed Grambling Tigers (12-11) will look to advance in the SWAC tournament on Friday as they meet in the semifinals of the conference tournament at 9:30 PM ET on ESPN3. Prairie View A&M is listed as a 6.5-point favorite to win this contest and advance closer to an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 12, 2021, 1:10 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Panthers’ average implied point total this season is 4.8 more points than their implied total in Friday’s game (75.8 implied points on average compared to 71 implied points in this game).
- Prairie View A&M is attempting to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (71) for the 10th time this season.
- The Tigers’ average implied point total on the season (73.6 points) is 9.6 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (64 points).
- Grambling will attempt to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (64) for the 15th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Prairie View A&M and Grambling Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Panthers have a 45.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 5.6% higher than the 40% of shots the Tigers’ opponents have knocked down.
- When Prairie View A&M shoots better than 40% from the field, it is 11-2-2 against the spread and 14-1 overall.
- Grambling is 10-10 overall and 10-9 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 45.6% from the field.
- The Tigers have shot at a 42.9% rate from the field this season, 1.3 percentage points greater than the 41.6% shooting opponents of the Panthers have averaged.
- Grambling is 9-3 overall and 6-6 against the spread when it shoots better than 41.6% from the field.
- Prairie View A&M is 9-1-2 against the spread and 11-1 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot above 42.9% from the field.
- The Panthers shoot 31.1% from three-point range, 3.5% lower than the 34.6% the Tigers allow to opponents.
- Prairie View A&M has a 9-0-1 record against the spread and an 8-2 record overall when the team hits more than 34.6% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Grambling has put up a 5-4 against the spread while going 6-4 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 31.1% from deep.
- The Tigers shoot 33.2% from three-point distance this season. That’s just 0.8 percentage points higher than the Panthers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32.4%).
- Grambling is 6-5 against the spread and 8-3 overall when it shoots above 32.4% as a team from deep.
- Prairie View A&M has an 8-0-2 ATS record and an 8-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33.2% from downtown.
- The Panthers connect on 6.7 three-pointers per game this season, 1.6 more makes per game than the Tigers allow (5.1).
- Prairie View A&M is 8-0-2 against the spread and 8-2 overall when it hit more threes than its opponents, while Grambling is 6-9 ATS and 6-10 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from