The No. 3 seed New Mexico State Aggies (11-7) are favored by 6 points when they square off against the No. 2 seed Utah Valley Wolverines (10-10) in the WAC Tournament semifinals Friday at Orleans Arena, starting at 11:00 PM ET on ESPN+. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket is on the line as these teams look to claim the WAC championship.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 12, 2021, 1:10 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Aggies have an average implied point total of 73.2 this season, which is 1.2 points higher than their implied total in Friday’s game (72).
- New Mexico State has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (72) eight times this season.
- The Wolverines’ average implied point total on the season (76.4 points) is 10.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (66 points).
- Utah Valley has scored more than this game’s implied total of 66 points 14 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
New Mexico State and Utah Valley Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Aggies have a 42.2% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.6% lower than the 42.8% of shots the Wolverines’ opponents have made.
- New Mexico State has a 6-2 straight-up record and a 3-3 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 42.8% from the field.
- Utah Valley is 10-0 overall and 7-1 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot higher than 42.2% from the field.
- The Wolverines are shooting 47.6% from the field, 3.8% higher than the 43.8% the Aggies’ opponents have shot this season.
- Utah Valley has compiled an 8-6 straight up record and an 8-5 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 43.8% from the field.
- This season, New Mexico State has a 9-1 straight up record and a 4-3 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 47.6% from the field.
- The Aggies are making 31% of their three-point shots this season, 2.5% lower than the 33.5% the Wolverines allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- New Mexico State is 4-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall when it shoots better than 33.5% from downtown.
- Utah Valley has put up an 8-1 straight-up record and gone 6-2 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot over 31% from three-point distance.
- The Wolverines shoot 35.2% from three-point distance this season. That’s only 1.7 percentage points higher than the Aggies have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (33.5%).
- Utah Valley has a 3-3 ATS record and is 5-2 straight-up when the team hits more than 33.5% of its three-point attempts.
- New Mexico State is 6-4 overall and 3-4 ATS in games it shoots over 35.2% from deep.
- The Aggies make 8.6 three-pointers per game this season, 3.4 more makes per game than the Wolverines give up (5.2).
- New Mexico State is 5-7 against the spread and 10-5 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while Utah Valley is 6-7 ATS and 5-9 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from