The No. 2 seed UC Irvine Anteaters (17-8) are favored by 1.5 points in the Big West Tournament against the No. 3 seed UC Riverside Highlanders (14-7) on Friday at Mandalay Bay Event Center, starting at 11:59 PM ET. The winner takes another step toward an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 12, 2021, 1:10 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Anteaters’ average implied point total this season is 7.9 more points than their implied total in Friday’s game (70.9 implied points on average compared to 63 implied points in this game).
- UC Irvine has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (63) 18 times this season.
- The Highlanders’ average implied point total on the season (69.4 points) is 7.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (62 points).
- UC Riverside has scored more than 62 points 18 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
UC Irvine and UC Riverside Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Anteaters are shooting 45.2% from the field this season, 5.2 percentage points higher than the 40% the Highlanders allow to opponents.
- UC Irvine has a 14-3 straight-up record and a 7-4 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 40% from the field.
- UC Riverside is 12-4 overall and 8-4 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot better than 45.2% from the field.
- The Highlanders are shooting 45.2% from the field, 6.9% higher than the 38.3% the Anteaters’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, UC Riverside has put together a 7-6 record against the spread and a 12-6 record overall in games the team shoots above 38.3% collectively from the field.
- This season, UC Irvine has a 9-5-1 record against the spread and a 16-5 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 45.2% from the field.
- The Anteaters are making 33.5% of their three-point shots this season, 1.8% higher than the 31.7% the Highlanders allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- UC Irvine is 6-4 against the spread and 13-3 overall when it shoots better than 31.7% from distance.
- UC Riverside is 9-4 overall and 5-6 against the spread when its opponents shoot higher than 33.5% from deep.
- The Highlanders are hitting 37.9% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 5.3 percentage points higher than the 32.6% the Anteaters’ are averaging on the season.
- UC Riverside is 12-2 overall and 7-3 against the spread when it shoots over 32.6% as a team from three-point range.
- UC Irvine is 6-4-1 ATS and 14-4 overall in games it shoots over 37.9% from deep.
- The Anteaters’ 4.8 made three-pointers per game this season is 4.5 fewer made shots on average than the 9.3 per game the Highlanders allow.
- UC Riverside has gone 8-3 against the spread and 12-3 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When UC Irvine hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 4-7-1 ATS and 11-6 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from