A game after he scored 33 points in a 131-123 loss to the 76ers, Donovan Mitchell leads the Utah Jazz (27-9) at home against the Houston Rockets (11-24) as 17-point favorites. The matchup, which airs on SportsNet SW, tips at 10:00 PM ET on Friday, March 12, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 229.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 12, 2021, 12:05 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Rockets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 12
Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle)
David Nwaba: Out (Wrist),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
John Wall: Day To Day (Knee),
Eric Gordon: Day To Day (Groin),
Christian Wood: Day To Day (Ankle),
Danuel House Jr.: Day To Day (Knee),
Rodions Kurucs: Day To Day (Oblique)
|Spread Pick||Jazz (-17)|
|Total Pick||Under (229)|
|Prediction||Jazz 121, Rockets 101|
The model projects the Jazz to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by a small margin more (19.8 to 17).
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 6.5 points highter than the model projection.
Jazz Key Players
Jazz Player Props
- Mitchell’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 33.5, 1.2 less than his season average of 34.7.
- Rudy Gobert’s rebounding prop total for the game is listed at 12.5 rebounds, 0.7 rebounds lower than his season average of 13.2.
- Mitchell’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 3.3.
- Gobert’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 blocks lower than his season average of 2.7.
Rockets Key Players
- This season, the Jazz have a 46.8% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.1% higher than the 46.7% of shots the Rockets’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games Utah shoots better than 46.7% from the field, it is 16-2 against the spread and 17-1 overall.
- Houston is 10-7 against the spread and 10-7 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 46.8% from the field.
- The Rockets are shooting 43.6% from the field, 1.3% lower than the 44.9% the Jazz’s opponents have shot this season.
- Houston is 9-5 against the spread and 8-6 overall when it shoots higher than 44.9% from the field.
- This season, Utah has a 13-0-1 record against the spread and a 14-0 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 43.6% from the field.
- The Jazz are hitting 39.8% of their three-point shots this season, 2.9% higher than the 36.9% the Rockets allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Utah is 18-3-1 against the spread and 19-3 overall when it shoots better than 36.9% from distance.
- Houston has put up an 8-12-1 against the spread while going 9-12 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 39.8% from deep.
- The Rockets are knocking down 33% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 2.4 percentage points fewer than the 35.4% the Jazz’s opponents are averaging on the season.
- Houston has a 6-5 ATS record and is 7-4 straight-up when the team hits more than 35.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Utah has a 12-1 ATS record and a 12-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33% from three-point distance.
- The Jazz connect on 17.1 three-pointers per game this season, 3.7 more makes per game than the Rockets allow (13.4).
- Utah is 24-6-1 against the spread and 25-6 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while Houston is 2-11 ATS and 2-11 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
- The Jazz make the most three-pointers in the league, while the Rockets give up the 10th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Jazz vs Rockets Stat Rankings
|Jazz Rank||Jazz AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from