The No. 5 seed Ohio State Buckeyes (19-8) and the No. 4 seed Purdue Boilermakers (18-8) meet in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals Friday at Lucas Oil Stadium, tipping off at 2:00 PM ET on BTN. Ohio State is favored by 1.5 points. Both teams are looking to take another step toward a conference title and an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 12, 2021, 2:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Buckeyes this season is 75.3 points, 3.3 more points than their implied total of 72 points in Friday’s game.
- This season, Ohio State has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (72) 19 times.
- The 71.7-point average implied total on the season for the Boilermakers is 0.7 more points than the team’s 71-point implied total in this matchup.
- Purdue has scored more than this game’s implied total of 71 points 14 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Ohio State and Purdue Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Buckeyes make 46.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is five percentage points higher than the Boilermakers have allowed to their opponents (41.2%).
- In games when Ohio State shoots higher than 41.2% from the field, it is 12-7 against the spread and 17-4 overall.
- Purdue is 18-5 overall and 14-7 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 46.2% from the field.
- The Boilermakers’ 45.2% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.7 percentage points higher than the Buckeyes have given up to their opponents (42.5%).
- Purdue is 12-4 against the spread and 14-4 overall when it shoots better than 42.5% from the field.
- This season, Ohio State has an 11-5 record against the spread and a 17-1 record overall when its opponents shoot greater than 45.2% from the field.
- The Buckeyes are making 36.1% of their three-point shots this season, 4.8% higher than the 31.3% the Boilermakers allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Ohio State is 15-2 overall and 11-5 against the spread when it shoots better than 31.3% from distance.
- Purdue has put together an 11-7-1 against the spread while going 15-6 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 36.1% from deep.
- The Boilermakers are making 33.4% of their shots from deep, which is just 0.5 percentage points fewer than the 33.9% the Buckeyes’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Purdue is 6-4-1 against the spread and 10-2 overall when it shoots above 33.9% as a team from deep.
- Ohio State has an 8-5 ATS record and a 10-4 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33.4% from three-point distance.
- The Buckeyes knock down 8 three-pointers per game this season, one more made shot on average than the 7 per game the Boilermakers give up.
- When Ohio State makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 8-2 against the spread and 9-2 overall. When Purdue is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 7-6 ATS and 10-6 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from