The No. 1 seed Virginia Cavaliers (18-6) are 4-point favorites in the ACC Tournament semifinals when they meet the No. 4 seed Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (16-8) on Friday at Greensboro Coliseum, tipping off at 6:30 PM ET on ESPN2. Both teams hope to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 12, 2021, 2:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Cavaliers have an average implied point total of 68 this season, which is two points higher than their implied total in Friday’s game (66).
- This season, Virginia has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (66) 13 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Yellow Jackets (73) is 11 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (62).
- This season, Georgia Tech has scored more than this game’s implied total of 62 points 21 times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Virginia and Georgia Tech Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Cavaliers have a 48% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.5% higher than the 45.5% of shots the Yellow Jackets’ opponents have made.
- In games when Virginia shoots higher than 45.5% from the field, it is 15-3 overall and 10-7 against the spread.
- Georgia Tech has gone 11-6 against the spread and 13-4 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot better than 48% from the field.
- The Yellow Jackets’ 47.5% shooting percentage from the field this season is 5.7 percentage points higher than the Cavaliers have given up to their opponents (41.8%).
- Georgia Tech has put together a 14-7 record against the spread and a 16-5 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 41.8% from the field.
- This season, Virginia has a 12-6 record against the spread and a 17-2 record overall when its opponents shoot above 47.5% from the field.
- The Cavaliers’ 38.1% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 1.9 percentage points higher than opponents of the Yellow Jackets have shot from deep (36.2%).
- Virginia has a 5-6 record against the spread and a 9-3 record overall when the team hits more than 36.2% of its attempts from three-point distance.
- Georgia Tech is 8-6 against the spread and 10-4 overall when its opponents shoot better than 38.1% from deep.
- The Yellow Jackets shoot 35.4% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 1.2 percentage points higher than the Cavaliers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (34.2%).
- Georgia Tech is 10-1 straight-up and has a 7-4 ATS record when the team hits more than 34.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Virginia has a 10-2 ATS record and a 13-0 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 35.4% of its three-point shots.
- Virginia has gone 9-5 against the spread and 12-2 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Georgia Tech makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 5-4 ATS and 4-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from