The Cleveland Cavaliers (14-22) visit the New Orleans Pelicans (15-22) as 8-point underdogs after Collin Sexton scored 32 points in the Cavaliers’ 114-111 loss to the Pacers. The game airs on FS-OH at 8:00 PM ET on Friday, March 12, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 226.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 12, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pelicans vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 12
JJ Redick: Out (Heel)
Darius Garland: Day To Day (Groin),
Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Finger),
Andre Drummond: Out (Not with team),
Kevin Love: Day To Day (Calf),
Matthew Dellavedova: Out (Appendicitis)
|Spread Pick||Pelicans (-8)|
|Total Pick||Under (226.5)|
|Prediction||Pelicans 116, Cavaliers 107|
The DraftKings line for this game has the Pelicans favored by eight, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (8.9 points).
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 2.8 points highter than the model projection.
Pelicans Key Players
Cavaliers Key Players
- The Pelicans make 48.3% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.2 percentage points higher than the Cavaliers have allowed to their opponents (48.1%).
- New Orleans is 11-10 against the spread and 11-10 overall when it shoots better than 48.1% from the field.
- Cleveland is 12-7 against the spread and 12-7 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 48.3% from the field.
- The Cavaliers’ 45.4% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.3 percentage points lower than the Pelicans have allowed to their opponents (47.7%).
- Cleveland is 10-2 against the spread and 9-3 overall when it shoots higher than 47.7% from the field.
- New Orleans is 9-4 against the spread and 10-3 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot above 45.4% from the field.
- The Pelicans shoot 35.5% from three-point range, 4.3% lower than the 39.8% the Cavaliers allow to opponents.
- New Orleans is 8-4 against the spread and 9-3 overall when it shoots better than 39.8% from distance.
- Cleveland has put up an 8-4 against the spread while going 7-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35.5% from deep.
- The Cavaliers shoot 34.6% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 4.9 percentage points lower than the Pelicans have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (39.5%).
- Cleveland has an 8-3 ATS record and is 7-4 straight-up when the team hits more than 39.5% of its three-point attempts.
- New Orleans has a 9-3 ATS record and a 10-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34.6% from three-point range.
- The Pelicans knock down 11 three-pointers per game this season, 1.5 more made shots on average than the 9.5 per game the Cavaliers give up.
- When New Orleans makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 7-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall. When Cleveland is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 7-19 ATS and 7-19 straight up.
- The Pelicans rank 23rd in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Cavaliers allow the 18th-fewest made threes in the league.
Pelicans vs Cavaliers Stat Rankings
|Pelicans Rank||Pelicans AVG||Cavaliers AVG||Cavaliers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from