The No. 5 seed Seattle U Redhawks (10-10) are favored by 1 point in the WAC Tournament against the No. 4 seed Cal Baptist Lancers (13-9) on Thursday at Orleans Arena, tipping off at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN+. The winner takes another step toward an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 11, 2021, 2:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model leans slightly toward betting on the Lancers in this one. The data favors them while DraftKings has the Redhawks favored, but the difference between the two is only 2.2 points.
The model predicts a total 4.1 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Cal Baptist 75, Seattle U 73
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Redhawks this season is 73.3 points, 3.7 fewer points than their implied total of 77 points in Thursday’s game.
- Seattle U is trying to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (77) for the ninth time this season.
- The Lancers’ average implied point total on the season (77 points) is two points higher than their implied total in this matchup (75 points).
- Cal Baptist will attempt to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (75) for the 16th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Seattle U and Cal Baptist Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Redhawks are shooting 41.2% from the field this season, 2.8 percentage points lower than the 44% the Lancers allow to opponents.
- In games when Seattle U shoots better than 44% from the field, it is 5-1 overall and 4-0 against the spread.
- Cal Baptist’s record is 2-1-1 against the spread and 8-0 overall when its opponents make more than 41.2% of their shots from the field.
- The Lancers’ 47.9% shooting percentage from the field this season is 5.3 percentage points higher than the Redhawks have given up to their opponents (42.6%).
- Cal Baptist has compiled a 6-5-1 record against the spread and a 12-5 straight up record in games it shoots above 42.6% from the field.
- This season, Seattle U has a 7-5 record against the spread and a 9-6 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 47.9% from the field.
- The Redhawks shoot 30.7% from three-point range, 3.8% lower than the 34.5% the Lancers allow to opponents.
- Seattle U has put together a 5-2 straight-up record and a 5-2 record against the spread in games when the team knocks down more than 34.5% of its three-point shots this season.
- Cal Baptist is 2-2-1 against the spread while putting together a 6-3 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 30.7% of their shots from beyond the arc.
- The Lancers three-point shooting percentage this season (39%) is 6.3 percentage points higher than opponents of the Redhawks are averaging (32.7%).
- Cal Baptist has a 6-4-1 ATS record and is 10-5 straight-up in games when the team makes better than 32.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Seattle U is 7-5 ATS and 8-8 overall in games when shooting over 39% from deep.
- The Redhawks’ 7.9 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.8 fewer made shots on average than the 9.7 per game the Lancers allow.
- Cal Baptist has gone 5-5-1 against the spread and 11-5 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Seattle U makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-2 ATS and 2-6 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from