The No. 2 seed Norfolk State Spartans (14-7) are favored by 5.5 points in the MEAC Tournament quarterfinals when they meet the No. 3 seed North Carolina Central Eagles (5-8) Thursday at Norfolk Scope Arena, tipping off at 8:00 PM ET. The winner moves one game closer to claiming a guaranteed place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 11, 2021, 2:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Spartans to walk away with the win, but the model spread (6.4) is 0.9 points further in their direction.
The model projects a total (141.7 points) much higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup (133 points). Take the over.
Prediction: Norfolk State 74, North Carolina Central 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Spartans this season is 75.9 points, 6.9 more points than their implied total of 69 points in Thursday’s game.
- Norfolk State has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (69) 15 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Eagles (74.4) is 10.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (64).
- North Carolina Central has totaled more than 64 points eight times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Norfolk State and North Carolina Central Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Spartans make 43.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.3 percentage points lower than the Eagles have allowed to their opponents (44.9%).
- Norfolk State is 7-1 against the spread and 9-1 overall in games when it collectively shoots higher than 44.9% from the field.
- North Carolina Central is 1-3 against the spread and 0-4 overall when its opponents shoot better than 43.6% from the field.
- The Eagles have shot at a 42.7% rate from the field this season, 1.9 percentage points higher than the 40.8% shooting opponents of the Spartans have averaged.
- North Carolina Central is 4-3 overall and 3-3 against the spread when it knocks down more than 40.8% of its shots from the field.
- Norfolk State is 6-4-1 against the spread and 9-4 overall in games its opponents shoot greater than 42.7% from the field.
- The Spartans’ 36.5% three-point shooting percentage this season is four percentage points higher than opponents of the Eagles have shot from beyond the arc (32.5%).
- Norfolk State has put together a 9-1-1 record against the spread and an 11-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 32.5% of its three-point shots.
- North Carolina Central is 3-6 against the spread and 4-6 overall when its opponents make more than 36.5% of their shots from deep.
- The Eagles shoot 34.1% from beyond the arc this season. That’s only 1.8 percentage points higher than the Spartans have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32.3%).
- North Carolina Central is 3-3 ATS and 5-2 overall when hitting more than 32.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Norfolk State has a 5-3-1 ATS record and an 8-4 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34.1% from deep.
- Norfolk State has gone 6-1-1 against the spread and 8-2 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When North Carolina Central makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 1-4 ATS and 1-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from