The No. 3 seed UC Riverside Highlanders (13-7) play the No. 6 seed Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (12-9) as 5-point favorites in the Big West Tournament quarterfinals Thursday at Mandalay Bay Event Center, tipping off at 11:00 PM ET on ESPN3. Both teams will look to take one step closer to earning an automatic place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 11, 2021, 2:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.4 points of each other).
The model projects a total 3.7 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: UC Riverside 72, Hawaii 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Highlanders this season is 69.4 points, 0.6 fewer points than their implied total of 70 points in Thursday’s game.
- UC Riverside has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (70) 12 times.
- The Rainbow Warriors’ average implied point total on the season (71.9 points) is 6.9 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (65 points).
- Hawaii has totaled more than 65 points in 17 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
UC Riverside and Hawaii Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Highlanders have a 45.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.4% higher than the 43.1% of shots the Rainbow Warriors’ opponents have knocked down.
- UC Riverside has a 4-6 record against the spread and an 8-4 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 43.1% from the field.
- Hawaii has a 2-4-1 record against the spread and an 8-6 record overall when its opponents make more than 45.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Rainbow Warriors have shot at a 43.7% clip from the field this season, 3.6 percentage points greater than the 40.1% shooting opponents of the Highlanders have averaged.
- Hawaii has compiled a 5-4 record against the spread and an 11-3 record overall in games when it shoots over 40.1% from the field.
- UC Riverside is 7-3 against the spread and 10-3 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot over 43.7% from the field.
- The Highlanders’ 37.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is 6.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Rainbow Warriors have shot from beyond the arc (31.2%).
- UC Riverside has a 6-3 record against the spread and an 11-2 record overall when the team makes more than 31.2% of its shots from three-point distance.
- Hawaii is 7-6 overall and 3-3-1 against the spread when its opponents shoot higher than 37.9% from deep.
- The Rainbow Warriors are knocking down 33.8% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is just 1.8 percentage points greater than the 32% the Highlanders’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Hawaii is 5-4 against the spread and 10-3 overall when it shoots above 32% as a team from deep.
- UC Riverside is 4-6 ATS and 8-4 overall in games when shooting over 33.8% from deep.
- The Highlanders’ 9.3 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.9 more made shots on average than the 7.4 per game the Rainbow Warriors allow.
- When UC Riverside makes more threes than its opponents, it is 7-3 against the spread and 11-3 overall. When Hawaii is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 1-3 ATS and 3-2 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from