The No. 8 seed Syracuse Orange (15-8) are favored by 2.5 points when they square off the No. 9 seed NC State Wolf Pack (13-9) in the ACC Tournament quarterfinals Wednesday at Greensboro Coliseum, beginning at 12:00 PM ET on ACCN. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket is on the line as these teams look to claim the ACC championship.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 10, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Wolf Pack (+2.5)
The spread for this game suggested by the model (1.1 points) is a little bit less than the 2.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Orange, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 1.4 points higher than the model projection.
Prediction: Syracuse 73, NC State 72
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Orange’s average implied point total this season is 2.2 more points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (76.2 implied points on average compared to 74 implied points in this game).
- Syracuse has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (74) 15 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Wolf Pack (75.7) is 3.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (72).
- NC State has scored more than 72 points 13 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Syracuse and NC State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Orange are shooting 43.7% from the field this season, 1.3 percentage points lower than the 45% the Wolf Pack allow to opponents.
- In games when Syracuse shoots higher than 45% from the field, it is 9-2 overall and 5-4 against the spread.
- NC State’s record is 6-3 against the spread and 9-0 overall when its opponents make more than 43.7% of their shots from the field.
- The Wolf Pack’s 47.4% shooting percentage from the field this season is 5.8 percentage points higher than the Orange have allowed to their opponents (41.6%).
- This season, NC State has compiled a 10-8-1 record against the spread and a 12-7 record overall in games the team shoots better than 41.6% collectively from the field.
- When opponents of Syracuse shoot greater than 47.4% from the field, it is 7-8 against the spread and 14-3 overall.
- The Orange are knocking down 32.7% of their three-point shots this season, 2.1% lower than the 34.8% the Wolf Pack allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Syracuse has assembled a 4-3 record against the spread and an 8-0 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 34.8% of its three-point shots.
- NC State is 5-2-1 against the spread while putting up a 7-1 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 32.7% from beyond the arc.
- The Wolf Pack three-point shooting percentage this season (36.5%) is 5.1 percentage points higher than opponents of the Orange are averaging (31.4%).
- NC State is 9-5-1 ATS and 10-5 overall when the team hits more than 31.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Syracuse is 12-4 overall and 5-9 ATS in games it shoots above 36.5% from deep.
- The Orange’s 7.9 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.2 more made shots on average than the 6.7 per game the Wolf Pack allow.
- When Syracuse makes more threes than its opponents, it is 4-4 against the spread and 6-3 overall. When NC State is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 5-7-1 ATS and 6-7 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from