The No. 9 seed San Jose State Spartans (5-15) are 12-point underdogs in their MWC Tournament matchup against the No. 8 seed Wyoming Cowboys (13-10) on Wednesday at Thomas & Mack Center, starting at 2:00 PM ET. The winner moves one step closer to the conference championship and an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 10, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Cowboys taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (11.1 points). Lean towards taking the Spartans.
In this game, the model projects a total (147.5 points) slightly lower than the DraftKings over/under (151.5 points).
Prediction: Wyoming 79, San Jose State 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Cowboys this season is 76.7 points, 5.3 fewer points than their implied total of 82 points in Wednesday’s game.
- Wyoming has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (82) seven times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Spartans (81.9) is 11.9 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (70).
- San Jose State has scored more than 70 points in six games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Wyoming and San Jose State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 12+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Cowboys have a 44.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.2% lower than the 44.5% of shots the Spartans’ opponents have knocked down.
- Wyoming has a 7-3 record against the spread and a 9-2 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 44.5% from the field.
- San Jose State is 5-5 against the spread and 4-8 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 44.3% from the field.
- The Spartans have shot at a 39.1% clip from the field this season, nine percentage points below the 48.1% shooting opponents of the Cowboys have averaged.
- San Jose State is 4-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall when it shoots higher than 48.1% from the field.
- Wyoming is 3-0 overall and 3-0 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 39.1% from the field.
- The Cowboys are knocking down 35% of their three-point shots this season, 4.1% higher than the 30.9% the Spartans allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Wyoming is 13-4 overall and 10-6 against the spread when it shoots better than 30.9% from distance.
- San Jose State is 6-7 against the spread while putting up a 5-10 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 35% of their shots from downtown.
- The Spartans shoot 31.2% from beyond the arc this season. That’s only 1.2 percentage points lower than the Cowboys have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32.4%).
- San Jose State has a 5-3 ATS record and is 3-6 straight-up in games when the team makes more than 32.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Wyoming has a 7-5 ATS record and an 8-4 straight-up record in games this season when it knocks down more than 31.2% of its three-point attempts.
- The Cowboys connect on 9.9 three-pointers per game this season, 2.5 more made shots on average than the 7.4 per game the Spartans give up.
- The Cowboys are 12-6 against the spread and 12-6 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Spartans are 2-7 ATS and 3-7 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from