The No. 7 seed Portland State Vikings (8-12) are favored by 7 points in their Big Sky Tournament matchup against the No. 10 seed Northern Arizona Lumberjacks (5-15) on Wednesday at CenturyLink Arena, starting at 2:00 PM ET. The winner will move one step closer to earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 10, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this matchup is within 0.4 points of the model. Stay away from this one.
In this game, the model projects a total (135.3 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (131 points).
Prediction: Portland State 71, Northern Arizona 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Vikings have an average implied point total of 74 this season, which is five points higher than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (69).
- This season, Portland State has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (69) nine times.
- The Lumberjacks’ average implied point total on the season (74.4 points) is 12.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (62 points).
- Northern Arizona has totaled more than 62 points in 11 games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Portland State and Northern Arizona Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Vikings make 40.1% of their shots from the field this season, which is 11.3 percentage points lower than the Lumberjacks have allowed to their opponents (51.4%).
- Portland State is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall in games when it shoots better than 51.4% from the field.
- Northern Arizona’s record is 0-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread when its opponents make more than 40.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Lumberjacks have shot at a 41.4% rate from the field this season, 2.2 percentage points less than the 43.6% shooting opponents of the Vikings have averaged.
- Northern Arizona is 6-1 against the spread and 4-3 overall when it shoots better than 43.6% from the field.
- Portland State is 4-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot over 41.4% from the field.
- The Vikings shoot 30.4% from deep, 8.5% lower than the 38.9% the Lumberjacks allow to opponents.
- Portland State has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall when the team makes more than 38.9% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Northern Arizona is 2-1 against the spread and 0-3 overall when its opponents make more than 30.4% of their shots from deep.
- The Lumberjacks are making 34% of their shots from deep, which is just 0.1 percentage points fewer than the 34.1% the Vikings’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Northern Arizona’s record is 7-3 ATS and 4-6 overall when the team makes more than 34.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Portland State has a 5-3 ATS record and a 5-4 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34% from three-point range.
- The Vikings are 6-6 against the spread and 7-7 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Lumberjacks are 6-8-1 ATS and 3-12 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from