The No. 9 seed Marquette Golden Eagles (13-13) are favored by three points in the Big East Tournament over the No. 8 seed Georgetown Hoyas (9-12). The teams will hit the court Wednesday at 3:00 PM ET live on FS1, with the winner moving closer to a guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 10, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The data strongly suggests betting on the Hoyas in this one. The model favors them while DraftKings has the Golden Eagles favored and the difference between the two is 3.2 points.
In this game, the model projects a total (142.7 points) slightly lower than the DraftKings over/under (144 points).
Prediction: Georgetown 72, Marquette 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Golden Eagles’ average implied point total this season is 2.4 fewer points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (71.6 implied points on average compared to 74 implied points in this game).
- Marquette will try to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (74) for the eighth time this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Hoyas (76.8) is 5.8 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (71).
- Georgetown is attempting to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (71) for the 12th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Marquette and Georgetown Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Golden Eagles are shooting 45.1% from the field this season, 2.7 percentage points higher than the 42.4% the Hoyas allow to opponents.
- Marquette has a 9-7-1 record against the spread and a 12-5 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 42.4% from the field.
- Georgetown has put together a 9-3 record against the spread and an 8-6 record overall when its opponents hit more than 45.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Hoyas have shot at a 42.5% clip from the field this season, one percentage point greater than the 41.5% shooting opponents of the Golden Eagles have averaged.
- Georgetown is 6-4 against the spread and 5-6 overall when shooting higher than 41.5% from the field.
- This season, Marquette has a 7-9-1 record against the spread and a 12-6 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 42.5% from the field.
- The Golden Eagles are hitting 32.9% of their three-point shots this season, 1% lower than the 33.9% the Hoyas allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Marquette is 5-6 against the spread and 8-4 overall when it shoots better than 33.9% from distance.
- Georgetown has put up a 4-3 against the spread while going 5-4 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 32.9% from deep.
- The Hoyas three-point shooting percentage this season (36.6%) is 2.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Golden Eagles are averaging (34.4%).
- Georgetown is 9-3 ATS and 7-7 overall when hitting more than 34.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Marquette has a 7-7-1 ATS record and a 9-7 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 36.6% from three-point range.
- The Golden Eagles connect on 6.7 three-pointers per game this season, 1.8 fewer made shots on average than the 8.5 per game the Hoyas allow.
- Georgetown is 5-4 against the spread and 5-6 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while Marquette is 4-10 ATS and 6-10 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from