The C-USA conference tournament continues Wednesday as the No. 4 seed UTSA Roadrunners (14-10) face off against the No. 5 seed Charlotte 49ers (9-15) at FORD CENTER AT THE STAR, tipping off at 6:30 PM ET on ESPN+. UTSA is a 4.5-point favorite to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 10, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.1 points of each other).
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.6 points of each other.
Prediction: UTSA 72, Charlotte 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Roadrunners this season is 77.4 points, 5.4 more points than their implied total of 72 points in Wednesday’s game.
- UTSA has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (72) 14 times this season.
- The 67.8-point average implied total on the season for the 49ers is 0.2 fewer points than the team’s 68-point implied total in this matchup.
- Charlotte has totaled more than 68 points eight times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
UTSA and Charlotte Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Roadrunners are shooting 45.1% from the field this season, 0.2 percentage points higher than the 44.9% the 49ers allow to opponents.
- UTSA is 7-1-1 against the spread and 11-1 overall in games when it shoots higher than 44.9% from the field.
- Charlotte has a 5-3 record against the spread and a 4-5 record overall when its opponents hit more than 45.1% of their shots from the field.
- The 49ers are shooting 43.7% from the field, 1.2% higher than the 42.5% the Roadrunners’ opponents have shot this season.
- Charlotte is 8-5 against the spread and 9-4 overall when shooting higher than 42.5% from the field.
- When UTSA’s opponents shoot above 43.7% from the field, it is 6-4-1 against the spread and 11-4 overall.
- The Roadrunners’ 33.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the 49ers have shot from deep (33.1%).
- UTSA has an 8-2-1 record against the spread and an 11-2 record overall when the team makes more than 33.1% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Charlotte is 6-4 against the spread and 6-5 overall when its opponents make more than 33.9% of their shots from deep.
- The 49ers’ three-point shooting percentage this season (32.5%) is just 1.5 percentage points lower than opponents of the Roadrunners are averaging (34%).
- Charlotte is 4-5 ATS and 6-3 overall when the team hits more than 34% of its three-point attempts.
- UTSA has a 5-4 ATS record and a 9-4 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 32.5% from three-point range.
- The Roadrunners knock down 8.2 three-pointers per game this season, 2.4 more made shots on average than the 5.8 per game the 49ers give up.
- When UTSA makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 8-2 against the spread and 10-2 overall. When Charlotte is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 5-9 ATS and 5-11 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from