The No. 6 seed Providence Friars (13-12) are 7-point favorites in the Big East Tournament when they meet the No. 11 seed DePaul Blue Demons (4-13) on Wednesday at Madison Square Garden, beginning at 9:00 PM ET on FS1. Both teams hope to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 10, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Blue Demons (+7)
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (4.2 points) is slightly less than the 7-point edge DraftKings gives to the Friars, though the data still has them as the favorite.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (138.5 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (133 points).
Prediction: Providence 71, DePaul 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Friars this season is 72 points, two more points than their implied total of 70 points in Wednesday’s game.
- Providence is looking to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (70) for the 14th time this season.
- The Blue Demons’ average implied point total on the season (75.1 points) is 12.1 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (63 points).
- This season, DePaul has scored more than this game’s implied total of 63 points eight times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Providence and DePaul Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Friars make 43.3% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.4 percentage points higher than the Blue Demons have allowed to their opponents (41.9%).
- In games when Providence shoots better than 41.9% from the field, it is 7-5 against the spread and 10-4 overall.
- DePaul is 4-6 overall and 6-3 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 43.3% from the field.
- The Blue Demons have shot at a 41.7% rate from the field this season, 1.8 percentage points below the 43.5% shooting opponents of the Friars have averaged.
- DePaul is 3-2 overall and 4-1 against the spread when it makes more than 43.5% of its shots from the field.
- This season, Providence has a 6-3 straight up record and a 5-3 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot over 41.7% from the field.
- The Friars’ 32.2% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.9 percentage points higher than opponents of the Blue Demons have shot from deep (31.3%).
- Providence has put together a 6-6 straight-up record and a 7-3 record against the spread in games when the team makes more than 31.3% of its three-point shots this season.
- DePaul has put together a 3-8 straight-up record and gone 5-3-1 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot above 32.2% from beyond the arc.
- The Blue Demons’ three-point shooting percentage this season (31.7%) is just 1.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Friars are averaging (29.9%).
- DePaul’s record is 4-4 ATS and 3-6 overall when the team hits more than 29.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Providence has a 7-5 ATS record and an 8-6 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 31.7% from three-point range.
- Providence is 9-2 against the spread and 9-4 overall when it connects on more three-pointers than its opponents, while DePaul is 2-6-1 ATS and 2-8 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from